Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Friday

Re: URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Fr

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Quick google search.... Booth makes $4.5 MILLION per year, imho he can call an Alberta elk ranch and get a truckload of t-bones shipped on his credit card
    As he was ridiculed for hunting by the press. I think he's trying to put something out there to say that hunters help out, and actually take the meat, and it is very good. This could be a good opportunity for the hunting community.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Re: URGENT- game meat donations for fundraising dinner for the less fortunate this Fr

I don't think it was the press that ridiculed him, but rather the public who were mostly unaware of bear baiting rules in specific jurisdictions.

Quick google search.... Booth makes $4.5 MILLION per year, imho he can call an Alberta elk ranch and get a truckload of t-bones shipped on his credit card
    Jeez, David Booth, if you do read some of these comments, please note that not everyone here thinks that simply because you, and your family took the time,sweat and money for you to follow a dream of becoming a NHL Star, and made it, seem to think you should be paying for this wonderful event yourself! I'd think you'd have enough to do with the Hockey Season in full swing, but for you to help out folks that are a hell'va lot less privileged than any of us is Fantastic Sir! And hopefully Hunters from all over B.C. will help you out with such a massive show of respect for all people, no matter how they live,or what there Income!!! My Hat's off to you David Booth! M.Dean.

Just heard back from the guy coordinating all this, they are mainly looking for elk and venison. Someone has stepped up with a good amount of moose. Thanks to those that have been in touch!

What Booth makes has absolutely nothing to do with what he's promoting here, he took a beating by the media for killing a bear so this gesture benefits not only the less fortunate but the hunting community as well!! K

This sounds like a great opportunity to get some good will and respect from an ill informed general public in the lower mainland.
    I'd be in for sure but am on the island.

Wish I could help but all I've got is some rutty mulie and bear meat. If they'll take bear, I've got abot 6 quarters.

I can donate about 15lbs of deer and 15lbs of moose various cuts, PM if interested. The butcher did not label my WT vs. muley so I have no idea which one you would be getting..

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    What Booth makes has absolutely nothing to do with what he's promoting here, he took a beating by the media for killing a bear so this gesture benefits not only the less fortunate but the hunting community as well!! K

The more you make, the more you can give.

Just sayin...

He makes more in one season than you would make in 45 years, working at the same job, assuming you made $100k per year, which I doubt, not many in that tax bracket.

I agree with feeding the needy... I have, in a successful season, taken a complete deer, cut and wrapped by a butcher, at my cost, to the food bank.
    Last edited by rocksteady; 01-15-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by islander7mm View Post
    This sounds like a great opportunity to get some good will and respect from an ill informed general public in the lower mainland.
    I'd be in for sure but am on the island.
    Thanks islander7mm...appreciate the moral support anyways.