Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Re: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    It all depends what u want u want to spend. I had one vortex product and it failed me on my first hunting trip. Yes I got it back within 4 weeks. Will I ever buy vortex again . Absolutely never again. Ive never needed warranty on my bushnell elites or my leupold. If u cant count on ur equipment u might as well stay at work.
    Ya, details would help, what failed? Had a Leupold knocked off zero once, my Ford wouldn't start the other day, wife won't make dinner, I'm not about to abandon these so what gives?
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    wow that sounds like a very controlled experiment, thanks for sharing

I've shot junky Vortex scopes out to 800 yards and was able to see the target just fine. Only tried about six different ones so far though so maybe it's a fluke
    Interesting thought, which might be quite true? Maybe the Vortex Scope I "experimented" with was defective? Good thing I checked it thoroughly at the store before deciding not to purchase it. I guess I will have to try a few diffrent Vortex scopes next time I visit Cabela's or WSS, and see if they fail to focus clearly also.

Moreover, maybe you might enlighten us as to what you found about your Vortex Scopes to make you believe they are Junky?

Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by 30Cal; 02-09-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Bushnell scope, fogged up after 3 weeks. Warranty repair took 5 MONTHS. Fell on it packing a mulw deer out, sent to bushnell, they sent it back - wouldn't warranty it and didn't offer any other solution.

Bushnell rangefinders, (3 of them) all crapped out, warranty not covered, but gave another piece of junk at 'cost'. Finally gave the rangefinder to the old man. No sense putting something in your pack that probably isn't gonna work.

Had a set of bushnell binos a long time ago. Warranty work took forever to get back. Gave them to a kid that was a new hunter.

Buddies that have had (word had) bushnell gear - it's all gone now.

If you use your gear hard, do not buy bushnell. It will break... regularly, and they won't warranty it.

Junk - there is no other word for it.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

If I had GG luck with Bushnell's gear I would stay away from them as well. My experience with a Elite 4200 was favorable and would have no problem buying another. For hunting scopes, for value, Vortex has to be right there. For target-varmint shooting, Sightron.

Should mention the wife has a vortex on her gun.

So far so good.

Mandela

Fell on it, bent the tube, sent it in for warranty. Bushnell does not warranty, repair or give you an at cost deal on this stuff.

Buyer beware.

Mandela

This is old but Koshkin gives an honest review and has both the Vortex and Bushnell scopes. He gets paid to review optics and has a web site called optics thoughts if interested. He seems to be well respected.

http://www.opticstalk.com/vortex-vip...opic14395.html
    http://opticsthoughts.com
    Last edited by pescado; 02-09-2014 at 05:29 PM.

anyone that wants to get rid of their bushnell junk for free can send it to me ..been killing stuff for yrs with it without any problems
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post

Fell on it, bent the tube, sent it in for warranty. Bushnell does not warranty, repair or give you an at cost deal on this stuff.

Buyer beware.
    I crashed my car one time and Ford wouldn't replace it or help me out at all............then again I didn't pay extra for that.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by BCBRAD View Post
    I crashed my car one time and Ford wouldn't replace it or help me out at all............then again I didn't pay extra for that.
    Leupold will take care of their customer.

Mandela