Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Re: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Dont get me wrong im not knockin Leupold...

My take on Vortex is they are Top of the line Affordable optics. If you get what i mean. They Touch Leupold in quality a bit.. They have not been around for long enough for us to really compair to Leupold..

For the guy looking to spend under 1k on a scope closer to the 500$ mark Vortex Rules... If you want to spend over 1K That is Leupolds department.

The vortex is a great choice of scope! Their warranty is second to none and their scopes are amazing. I actually prefer my vortex to the Leupold. I also found the Vortex better than the few Bushnel scopes I have used. Vortex is my optic brand of choice due to their warranty, price and quality.
    "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy"
    -Billy Currington

Quote Originally Posted by 303Brit View Post
    Well if it quacks like a duck and flies like a duck, But smells like a fish, then its a fish
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post
    typical left wing Commy Bull$hit!

I've used Bushnell Elites for years now and no issues...good value and I like that Rainguard coating.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

if you decide on bushnell, I have one I'd consider selling, near new with parallax adjustment, multi-x reticle. I have other bushnell elites and I like them. don't want the parallax for the type of hunting I do with the rifle I've got this scope mounted on.

You should take caution if you’re considering buying a Vortex. I was at WSS when the clerk suggested I look at the Vortex line of scopes, claiming they were an excellent price for the buck and as good as, or better than Bushnell. I obliged him, as I was unfamiliar with the brand name, and began focusing the scopes on the 10 magnification on a stuffed leopard hanging on a wall at the far end of the store. No matter how much I adjusted the eye piece and parallax, I could not bring the Vortex scopes that I examined to a clear crisp view of the leopard. Another salesclerk spoke up and stated that it was because I was inside the building and no scope would be clear. I looked at him as if he was joking with me, and then asked the clerk, who originally attended to me, to pass me an Elite 6500. I then placed it on the 10 power magnification and adjusted the eye piece and parallax while viewing the same above mentioned leopard. The Bushnell was clear, but no matter how you hard you tried to focus the Vortex, it remain slightly blurry. I then showed both clerks who agreed with me that they had just learned something that day. The Bushnell was a better scope in respect to clarity while on higher magnification, and with proper adjustment.

I don’t claim to be a Bushnell fan, although I think for the price that is paid you get a good piece of glass for a rugged scope that the average hunter will enjoy. However, my new interest is with the Ziess Terra x3 rifle scopes. Ziess has brought the price of their scopes down slightly, and the glass in these scopes are very good. I also think the Leupolds in the VX6 category are very nice scopes, but you will pay premium price.

My observation and IMHO

wow that sounds like a very controlled experiment, thanks for sharing

I've shot junky Vortex scopes out to 800 yards and was able to see the target just fine. Only tried about six different ones so far though so maybe it's a fluke
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    I heard both no showed for the show down and Leupold was announced the winner.

What show down - maybe you mean ho down?

Inexpensive scopes < $600.00 - hard to beat Vortex.

Not so inexpensive scopes - Zeis - Kahles, Swarovski

Expensive scopes - Schmidt and bender - night force.
    Last edited by Kudu; 02-08-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

It all depends what u want u want to spend. I had one vortex product and it failed me on my first hunting trip. Yes I got it back within 4 weeks. Will I ever buy vortex again . Absolutely never again. Ive never needed warranty on my bushnell elites or my leupold. If u cant count on ur equipment u might as well stay at work.

When buying binos I tested Bushnell, Vortex, Leupold and Redfield, The Leupolds were by far the best and the Bushnell were the worst imo, I bought the Redfields as that's what I could afford and I found them to be clearer than the Vortex. Every Bushsmell scope I have tried in the last 20 years has had a crescent moon of fog in the bottom of the field of view, as I can I will upgrade all my optics to Leupold! I hope your new Viper serves you well!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    It all depends what u want u want to spend. I had one vortex product and it failed me on my first hunting trip. Yes I got it back within 4 weeks. Will I ever buy vortex again . Absolutely never again. Ive never needed warranty on my bushnell elites or my leupold. If u cant count on ur equipment u might as well stay at work.
    details on your failure?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004