Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Re: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

hmmm I don't understand the negative about Leupold??? I have never had a Leupold fail in 30 plus years..so not the expert there however my twin brother had a reticle come loose years ago..wa covered no biggee..now you send them overnight to Alberta kwarthta?sp INDUSTRIES..and they state they will turn around in 48 hours???AGAIN having never had one fail is even better...my latest scope was the Boone and Crockett etched reticle along with rangefinder is so far perfect..

so what am I missing??? The Leupold is more $$ but quality always is..

steven

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    I had 4 bushnell elite 4200 scopes and 1 bushnell elite 6500. They were great never a warranty issue with either. I have 1 left and sold the rest and bought leupold vx3. Just because they were alpt lighter in weight. I also find them superior in clarity. The only vortex ive ever owned was a vortex viper binos and they were terrible. Sent in for warranty and wen I got them back I sold them and bought swaros
    vipers to swaro's lol...The vipers are a great bino for the price, but you can't compare them to something that is 3-5 times the cost. I enjoy my viper HD binos, and they left me enough room in my budget to by the swaro spotter for when I really need to see in close.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I can't understand the bad rep for Bushnell Elite. I see talk about 3200 and 4200 that were discontinued years ago so lets talk about the elite and 6500 that are current. Magnesium alloy tube vs all aluminum on others. Great dawn to dusk visability and super clear. Vortex scopes have a very short barrel which can be a problem for long actions. I have 2 elites and they seem to be doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Viper all the way.... Their warentee is better then Leupolds.. and they serve it.. Some poeple post about lemmons but they also get helped as well... And i also thing for the most part that is Vortex's low end stuff... I have a HSLR 4-14x44
    I have never had better service from any company in my history
    Leupold replaced a 10 year old scope for me with a new vx111 in a weeks time
    Replaced my binoculars with an identical new pair due to the fact the clip that holds the strap broke, I dropped them and disclosed such.
    How do you figure Vortex to be better, they throw in a free truck?
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

I like Vortex because it supports the kids. A portion of every one of their scopes goes to some poor child in China and their parents can take that money to gamble away in the big cities every year.

On the other hand, I heard bushleague is unveiling a new scope this year. Its a paper towel roll with silicone spray rain away sprayed on it. Its the latest in technology, so you know its good.

So I'd say go with either or. Good thing they both have warranties, you're gonna want em.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I don't really care about leupolds, which is why i didn't ask about them. In my opinion and my experience, they are over priced for what you're getting. If i'm gonna spend 1g on a scope, what a couple hundred more for a zeiss??

It's really between an elite and a viper, that's all. And by the replies, i'm going to give viper a try. Thanks for the helpful responses.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I like leupold because it supports the kids. A portion of every one of their scopes goes to some poor child in China and their parents can take that money to gamble away in the big cities every year.

On the other hand, I heard leupold is unveiling a new scope this year. Its a paper towel roll with silicone spray rain away sprayed on it. Its the latest in technology, so you know its good.

Good thing they both have warranties, you're gonna want em.
    Fixed it for ya. Good choice on the Vortex Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_b View Post
    I don't really care about leupolds, which is why i didn't ask about them. In my opinion and my experience, they are over priced for what you're getting. If i'm gonna spend 1g on a scope, what a couple hundred more for a zeiss??

It's really between an elite and a viper, that's all. And by the replies, i'm going to give viper a try. Thanks for the helpful responses.
    The bucks will be happy with your decision
    Just a heads up as a Vortex scope was just posted in the buy and sell forum on here
    You may have interest

Vortex viper pst
    Vortex viper pst 4x16x50. Scope is in mint condition. Mounted once, has had less than 20 rounds $550 obo. Also have sako optilock long action medium base and rings. $150 obo
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    I have never had better service from any company in my history
    Leupold replaced a 10 year old scope for me with a new vx111 in a weeks time
    Replaced my binoculars with an identical new pair due to the fact the clip that holds the strap broke, I dropped them and disclosed such.
    How do you figure Vortex to be better, they throw in a free truck?
    Some leupold products are coming with a one year warentee now. Vortex is compleate unconditional... they even say "if you drive over it with your truck" in their warentee... Leup has gone down hill in that warentee business. They also are offshore now too
    I have had a VXIII 3.5-10 for near 20 years as well...

To be clear i was not compairing the product just the warentee... The op was asking Vortex to Bushnell and i think fron these 2 Vortex is better.

Someone also mentioned the barrell length... my HSLR is on a .338 Ultra... it fits fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Some leupold products are coming with a one year warentee now. Vortex is compleate unconditional... they even say "if you drive over it with your truck" in their warentee... Leup has gone down hill in that warentee business. They also are offshore now too
    I have had a VXIII 3.5-10 for near 20 years as well...

To be clear i was not compairing the product just the warentee... The op was asking Vortex to Bushnell and i think fron these 2 Vortex is better.

Someone also mentioned the barrell length... my HSLR is on a .338 Ultra... it fits fine.
    In my experience , they have far from gone downhill.
    My binoculars were replaced just last year.
    This just my experience and I rate their service as a "10"
    I have had no experience with Vortex and their warranty, so I choose not to comment.