Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

I'm trying to decide what to dress my newest rifle up with. Up until now, I've always used Bushnell Elite scopes, but with all the new scopes out there, I thought that just maybe to change it up a little. So, I was looking at the Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 and the Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16x44. It's going on top of a Remington 700 30-06.

Thoughts.......comments.......

Mike
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bushnell Elite vs. Vortex Viper

Have you looked through the viper yet????????

if you have then the choice should be pretty obvious

Encase my sarcasm was a lil over the top go for the Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

I heard both no showed for the show down and Leupold was announced the winner.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

303, I have not looked through the Viper yet. Was thinking of heading down to WSS and taking a peak through one.

Blacktail, I haven't looked through many Leupolds, but the ones I have, I wasn't impressed with. I found it difficult to find that "sweet spot". I found I was weaving my head back and forth and up and down just to be able to see through it properly, whereas the Bushnell scopes I've used, the moment I raised my rifle to my shoulder, BOOM, the "sweet spot" was there. I'm hoping to find the same thing with the Viper scopes, as I've heard lot of good things, and there isn't much price difference between them.

Mike
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

I've got a few Viper HSLR's & PST's and they perform very well. Have shot HS LR's on 223's, 243's, 7-08, 300 Ultra's out to 800 yards and they track well and flat out give you the best value today. 4" eye relief, lots of reticle options, exposed elevation turret with ability to add custom one for specific load, great glass and beauty customer service
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I was just buggin'. We all have different eyes. I haven't been a fan of some bushnell stories I have heard or my experience with their warranty on a range finder years ago.
    I would listen to bartell...
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

I was in the same boat as you. Iv used bushnell's for ever, particularly, a elite 3200 on my mountain rifle for years, for the bad rep bushnell has, it's took the biggest chit kicking out of any of my scopes, and has never failed me. That being said, I bought a viper HSLR 4-16x44 for my 223, and love it! It's a great scope, but haven't put it threw its paces yet to see if it stands up to me or not. There's no doubt the viper is clearer, as for how it stands up, so far so good. If it was me I'd go with the vortex, only because of its clarity over the elite, and from what iv herd they'r warranty is top notch.

I had 4 bushnell elite 4200 scopes and 1 bushnell elite 6500. They were great never a warranty issue with either. I have 1 left and sold the rest and bought leupold vx3. Just because they were alpt lighter in weight. I also find them superior in clarity. The only vortex ive ever owned was a vortex viper binos and they were terrible. Sent in for warranty and wen I got them back I sold them and bought swaros

Viper all the way.... Their warentee is better then Leupolds.. and they serve it.. Some poeple post about lemmons but they also get helped as well... And i also thing for the most part that is Vortex's low end stuff... I have a HSLR 4-14x44

Agree with 835 about Leupolds their warranty sucks,been toying with the idea of a Votex for my 22-250.