Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blind Design

Re: Blind Design

Ron - Yep just say the word.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Light as possible with straps to carry like a Back pack. O, and a mesh sack to carry the decoys in.

I can also field test for you

In the market for a layout blind next season so will be keeping an eye on this thread. The Harcore man cave looks like a good blind and Avery finisher also.

The two big ones have bean mentioned water proof bottom and back pack straps. Doors that latch closed so you can stuff it with a dozen decoys and a separate pouch to transport robo duck in would be a nice feature. I miss the old days of a bag of decoys and a shotgun. Now I have all this gear I need to pack.

Another feature to go with the back straps would be a waist strap if there is going to be a way to pack decoys built into this blind

Why not just buy a Northern Flight Ultimate, they've got pretty much everything you have mentioned and I just bought my 2nd one for $159 at Cabellas a few weeks ago, tough to make one for that. Jmho, K

Improve on this one - make it lighter, portable and waterproof - you will have the winner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

you don't consider the finisher portable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Okay I think we have a far superior material than the PCV used in all the other blinds I've found so far... PVC is waterproof and cheap but we have a material that is way lighter, very durable, waterproof, it is grey not black, and most important improvement is that it remains flexible when cold... so it will fold up smaller and easier.

Working on a minimalist-frame design with foot loop, back support with 4" memory foam for the back rest and seat. The blind would be staked out like a tent, still quick and easy to set up and get in out of. The whole thing will fold up to about 24" long, 20" wide and 20" high and fold out to 6' long. Hope to have one made up in a couple months.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

looking forward to seeing this, I love people's ingeunity

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.