Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone Sheep Fly In 2014

Re: Stone Sheep Fly In 2014

cheapest plane only lands at cold fish you can pay more to land at bug through a diffrent company
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    ponder this: "the world is run by those who show up".

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I will stand behind every post I have made. what others think of me is none of my business!

Ranch ... is this out of Tatogga? Do you have a company name? Great pics of your rams btw - nice job !
    Unfortunately I already have my LEH in ... Spat wasn't my first choice (but what do I know!?)

BS
    Quote Originally Posted by ru rancher View Post
    cheapest plane only lands at cold fish you can pay more to land at bug through a diffrent company
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Flight company does not matter that much.
    Go august 1st. If you're going to find sheep, and theres a legal one in the group, it may be taken already, if you're not first in.
    Learn how to count rings. Go to the wild sheep society and talk to other people about hunting sheep.
    Find a partner that is at your fitness level and go with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

My advice is dont hit a spot you read NAMED on this site. I know lots of dudes who chase after spots like this and have had nothing but competition. ....

A very cool and doable solo hunt would be to go with Riverjet adventures.... Hunt the foothills off one of those rivers.... Usually lots of sheep to cut your teeth on. Do some quiet research on this site and you'll find a few spots without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by budismyhorse View Post
    My advice is dont hit a spot you read NAMED on this site. I know lots of dudes who chase after spots like this and have had nothing but competition. ....

A very cool and doable solo hunt would be to go with Riverjet adventures.... Hunt the foothills off one of those rivers.... Usually lots of sheep to cut your teeth on. Do some quiet research on this site and you'll find a few spots without too much trouble.

Good advice. You may also want to consider Steamboat Mountain Outfitters for a horse hunt. Horses will get you away from the crowds and into some great sheep country. PM me if you want some specifics.

Also, don't discount September for sheep hunting. The capes are much nicer in September, and there will still be lots of rams left.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlapper View Post
    Ranch ... is this out of Tatogga? Do you have a company name? Great pics of your rams btw - nice job !
    Unfortunately I already have my LEH in ... Spat wasn't my first choice (but what do I know!?)

BS
    yup was out of tatogga. and alpine lakes air i belive was the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    ponder this: "the world is run by those who show up".

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I will stand behind every post I have made. what others think of me is none of my business!

More sheep to look at in 7b.

As a proportion there are generally more old rams in 6.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

BigSlapper, clear your pm box...

PM Box cleared .... sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    BigSlapper, clear your pm box...
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Probably need your own plane to land at Bug. After that the rest is easy. Just follow the tail of Reg's horse. Good Luck.
    Interesting, as Bug Lake is big enough for any plane for sure ... so I guess a deal has been made not to land there?

As for the last sentence, I would be in ahead of that situation ... heard he's a farter!