Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: carbon vs. aluminium

Re: carbon vs. aluminium

anyways as i was saying...... aluminum arrows can blow up on you too. alot of the time, a carbon arrow blows up on someone because they arent checking their shafts. also in this day and age, a person doesnt need a 600 grain arrow for hunting. every animal i have harvested with a bow, has been shot with a light carbon shaft most with expandable heads. all have been complete passthroughs. twice as strong as aluminum,economical, small diameter, flatter trajectory(generally speaking). what more in a hunting arrow could one ask for???? all my own opinion of course....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

what poundage are you shooting tinney???draw length????
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

Bow Walker Guest

Tinney - have you tried altering your center shot to bring your groups more to the center?

Yep. I am shooting a Martin Jag at 55# and 28" draw length. I have given up on carbon arrows and it will likely stay that way until I buy a Hoyt for next season

A Hoyt !!!!! Another One To The Dark Side .. Roflmao Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

I agree with Kirby... I switched to carbons about 5 years ago and for the last 2 years I've shot Gold Tips. They are unbelievable. One of the best.
    That's my opinion!!!
    Cheers...
    2011 HCA Speed Pro X10

^^ Yeah but you're using a Pull Shoot Explode.....roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Tinney
    ^^ Yeah but you're using a Pull Shoot Explode.....roflmao
    There's 20 plus posts about peoples opinions on carbon vs. aluminum arrows on this thread and you come out bow bashing... that's MATURE!!! I see a trend that all blowies don't fill out there profile.
    Cheers...
    2011 HCA Speed Pro X10

I shot one for years....never liked it.....I recently shot a Mojo....felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands....they make bad bows

Quote Originally Posted by eyebowhunt
    on this thread and you come out bow bashing... that's MATURE!!! I see a trend that all blowies don't fill out there profile.
    Cheers...
    I guess most people feel very confident about themselves on this site, they don't need to blow smoke about themselves. total uncalled for comment.

Just about everyones comments are well taken. I guess I could be wrong!!!!, Like I have said before I still shoot GT's, I still have reservations about carbons are better call me a sceptic.
    Todd