Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First run this year on the "winter skins"

Re: First run this year on the "winter skins"

That thing is awesome!!
    I like guns and I like boobs. But I do NOT like boobs with guns!

Nice set-up Grant! The first time I saw tracks on a vehicle was in Four Wheeler magazine back before the Nagano winter Olympics in Japan in 1998. They fitted them on Toyota vehicles and claimed they could handle up to 4 feet of powder! They were going to equip a number of official olympic vehicles with the tracks for special transportation purposes.

Now, I haven't seen tracks like the ones you've got there before. Considering your occupation, I am wondering if these were "manufactured" in a valid way?
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    Looks like a blast..Deep creek up mount ida?
    You nailed it. I was looking for a nice, close place to make sure there were no major issues so I just ran it along the main road and up a few branches. We even stopped and pulled a sled out of a hole... that was kinda fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    Considering your occupation, I am wondering if these were "manufactured" in a valid way?
    It's definitely a plus to have all the right "tools". The parts were cut out on the laser table and formed at work but then I took them all home to weld things up. Back to work for a quick powder coat and then home again for final assembly.

In hind sight, the rears should be identical to the fronts and I should have made the drive sprockets about 20% smaller in diameter so I could run in a slightly higher gear. Having said that, I'm more than happy with the way they work and I hope to put quite a few miles on them this year.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

What size tracks did you use? 121x14? If you were too add up all the materials and costs(labour included) how much would the set take to make?

That is cool, looks like an absolute blast !

Buy a snowmobile don't have to stay on the logging roads and you can boondock ,hate to see what it would cost to get that out after a breakdown and a 3 foot dump , but thanks for sharing

very cool thats some fine fabrication

Nice jeep, I have the same one, same colour but I'm stuck on wheels and tires

This is great, nice build. If you don't mind what do you think you're into them for ($) ?
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny