Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Insert out...

Re: Insert out...

Debonder worked beautifully guys. That arrow is back in action.
    Backroad Access Closures - Send an Email NOW!
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

PHP Code:
    "The pro found a couple things wrong with the setup and while paper tuning, he shot through the butt and supplanted one my my arrows quite firmly into the plywood backstop. When he pulled it out, the insret and point stayed behind in the plywood. He pulled it out with pliers and reglued it into the arrow." 
    WHY is " THE PRO" paper tuning YOUR bow? It's your bow you should be shooting it thru paper to tune it to the way you grip and shoot, not his way.I could paper tune your bow for me to shoot bullit holes but for you it most likely will not, he should only assist you in your endevear to a bullit hole.

I've taken many an insert out of carbons with heat and have never had a problem. The cyno glues hold well for fletch but I found after awhile the glue on inserts will break loose on impact, as the glue is not made to handle impacts. The best stuff I have found is called " BLACK MAX" loctite product it bonds very well { but needs to set-up for at least 24 hrs } and is a small gap filler which is great cause all inserts don't fit snug in all arrows, Thing is it's fairly pricey, but I can't recall losing an insert or target point since I started using it years ago, so it pays for itself.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    PHP Code:
    "The pro found a couple things wrong with the setup and while paper tuning, he shot through the butt and supplanted one my my arrows quite firmly into the plywood backstop. When he pulled it out, the insret and point stayed behind in the plywood. He pulled it out with pliers and reglued it into the arrow." 
    WHY is " THE PRO" paper tuning YOUR bow? It's your bow you should be shooting it thru paper to tune it to the way you grip and shoot, not his way.I could paper tune your bow for me to shoot bullit holes but for you it most likely will not, he should only assist you in your endevear to a bullit hole.

I've taken many an insert out of carbons with heat and have never had a problem. The cyno glues hold well for fletch but I found after awhile the glue on inserts will break loose on impact, as the glue is not made to handle impacts. The best stuff I have found is called " BLACK MAX" loctite product it bonds very well { but needs to set-up for at least 24 hrs } and is a small gap filler which is great cause all inserts don't fit snug in all arrows, Thing is it's fairly pricey, but I can't recall losing an insert or target point since I started using it years ago, so it pays for itself.
    He took a few initial shots to start with. I shot the rest of the time.
    Backroad Access Closures - Send an Email NOW!
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have had there. On the other hand I have had the best service in a long time from him. I get what folks are saying about the boastful stuff but to me he doesn't sound boastful just excited and into the story.

BTW - He has left that shop and gone to another in Sooke. I will be going to Sooke for service now...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

BTW - He has left that shop and gone to another in Sooke. I will be going to Sooke for service now...
    Which one? Is it Eagle eye?
    Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Eagle Eye is the only outdoors shop in Sooke and I heard they were getting into archery. A little to far out of the way for most guys.
    I also heard he was going to move back to the mainland cause it cost to much to go hunting with the cost of the ferries. Which is it??
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

opico Guest

Regardless Eagle1, at least he is a man of his word!!!!!! Even though he loves to tell stories. No farther than Cobble Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by opico
    I have dealt with this shop for many years for both hunting and fishing. You have to take there advice with a grain of salt. Take what you need and pick out the comments that are exaggerations and pure lies. The store has cornered the market for the Victoria area. Other shops are no longer in existance. Some of the employees are those from Specialty guns. They have some very knowledgable staff, but others are questionable. If they make a mistake, they should rectify the situation in order to spurn on business and a good reputation. Even experts make errors, they are in the business world for a profit. I use other businesses if I can, such as Richard at Bucky's in Duncan. Just as knowledgable and a lot less boastful. He is honest and a very good archer himself. Not a full of tales and B.S.. He is very approachable and has been in the sporting business for many years. Give him a try. If you can not fix the glue job, cut the arrow shorter if you can or use the arrow as a practice arrow or for blunts and chalk it up to a lost hunting arrow. Hope you find a solution. I basically work on my own arrows and seek advice from other archer's. I have damaged some arrows by making mistakes in the process of arrow-making and have chalked it up to trial and error or my own stupidity. Best of luck Franko. Hope to see you at 3-D shoots locally.
    I don't know who you are, as your one of those that don't fill out their profile { scared to, people might know you when you stir up s - - t } I am a man of my word as much as I can be, If you had a beef with me and didn't tell me about it and just never came back, thats not my problem, I cant try to fix it. Every sports shop people have stories, custermers included. If he's that good why did he say to his boss that he was leaving the Island if he's only going to Sooke, a lie in my books.If you live in Victoria, it's about the same to here or to Sooke.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Interesting whats going on.
    Todd

opico Guest

Won't go to your shop Eagle1, and couldn't even if I wanted to? You are never there.