Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Miho

Meet Miho

Miho, typically associated with beauty, and ninja's so I figured it fit

So this summer I convinced Mrs.SKS that we needed a canoe, but not just any canoe a NuCanoe. Since it is stable, versatile, has a ton of accessories, and a free board payload of 650#. But more importantly, it had a pre-manufactured layout blind for $200 sweet right? ( I'll get back to that)
    Hunting, fishing, portability, and easy to move with the kids in tow. So I got it and the dolley wheels to make very useable and easy to move.

I will need to modify the setup a bit, not overly happy with the store bought wheels for my purposes

couple sliding seats and all kinds of other accessories for it make it a worthwhile purchase for me

Some of her pics in her other uses

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meet Miho

So it served it's purpose in all the areas I sold it to the wife on, now on to the real reason I picked this boat. HUNTING!!!!!
    However the company decided to change it's blind concept and the new one just simply doesn't work for my style of hunting, sea ducks or puddle ducks. So enter tinkering mode (Lorne's favourite mode of mine) and I decided to come up with my own blind. What we have here is the result of 5hrs of tinkering, usually with the kids running a muck in the yard.

$35.00 in ipex and fittings glued most of it

Got a wicked deal on outdoor rubberized nylon at Fabricland one day following the boss around shopping for her stuff

a loose fitting of raw material

I can sew

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

a few cans of spray bomb to the frame, and the material post sewing, grommet installation, and the shockcord installed

so far the back rest is just the frontier seat from NuCanoe, since its up higher and sits in the middle of my back it works out for now. I plan on getting either the MoMarsh seat or the four rivers seat.
    The sea trials went well, got a few things to tweak but it should be good for the rest of the season. In the off season I plan on trimming up the excess fabric to make the cover fit more even, adding stubble straps, and fabricating up some doors for using it on puddle ducks. Making a quick mount for a spool on my longlines.

Last edited by 303Brit; 01-09-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Great looking project Kiel...who knew you were so handy!!!

Projects like that are great especially when you get the results from them that you have already seen!!!
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

Absolutely awesome!!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Chessieguy View Post
    Great looking project Kiel...who knew you were so handy!!!

Projects like that are great especially when you get the results from them that you have already seen!!!
    Side effect of working on the Buff, no parts, no tools, and no support but we still support 2 lines of tasking everyday

Besides I love fabricating, wish it was my actual job

That is pretty cool, I like what you have done, nice skills

Nice multi purpose vehicle. I don't even want to ask how you came up with the name "Miho".
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Sick rig. You definitely have some talent. Get a copy write on your design and see if you can get any of the big companies to pick it up. Bing bang boom. You are doing it for a living

Thanks guys