Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody shoot at a Ram in the EK?

Re: Anybody shoot at a Ram in the EK?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheephunterswife View Post
    This is the ram my husband shot at. You guys have the story mostly right! He watched this ram for a while and was up opening day... The shot was taken and the ram took off. He watched for this ram for the rest of the season, but no one saw him. It wasn't until this picture showed up around town did he realized he didn't make a miss, nor wound/kill. This ram is to my husband as the crocodile is to captin hook - illusive and a tease! To say he was disappointed is an understatement. Next seasons hunt should be interesting...
    Well it has some character now, good luck to your husband next season..

i thought that was the case, lots of time spent on that ram, well at least your husband knows that he lives and it will make a great story when he gets him this season.
    i never thought for a second that someone would have tried to harvest him illegally knowing the area he is in..
    did he take 2 shots at that ram?
    the ram sure looked to be in good health when he was running away from us.

One shot and definitely legal. He was hunting with a partner, both are experienced sheep hunters, and both watched this ram for some time to make sure. Honestly I hope he gets him next year - you bet that ram will be a great story on the wall!

thats awesome,, thanks for the info,, it was one of those things that you could speculate on for hours, now we know.
    cheers

Man where do I find a wife that wants a sheep on the wall . Do you have a sister ? LOL That will be great when your hubby gets to hold that ram . Good luck to him next year . There are many sheep that have a bullet whole in the horn . Its hard not to look at the horns even aiming

Quote Originally Posted by calvin L View Post
    Man where do I find a wife that wants a sheep on the wall . Do you have a sister ? LOL That will be great when your hubby gets to hold that ram . Good luck to him next year . There are many sheep that have a bullet whole in the horn . Its hard not to look at the horns even aiming
    Hopefully no one from the interior comes up that way on a elk hunt and decides he wants another sheep on the wall.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin L View Post
    Its a work in progress... He would say more needs to be on the walls, he definetly could fill them. But this sheep is different! It's the first time I've been around for a hunt like this. Getting to talk about this ram on our wall is far better then having to keep hearing about the one he lost 😜
    I think this sheep is getting known enough that the hunt next year will be even that more intense. Many in this area already know about him, the race is on...

Is your husband a fabricator??