Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wyoming Pronghorns

Re: Wyoming Pronghorns

Quote Originally Posted by d6dan View Post
    That's what I was thinking without the freezer. I also heard the butchers down there cost you a mortgage payment and your better off cutting it yourself.
    $80 cut, vacuum packed, and frozen. Well worth it. Enjoy your holiday. I mean if you can afford $1200 to have a guy chauffeur you around for a day, you can afford $80 for them to be cut and wrapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

You will get around 40 lbs of trimmed , deboned meat off a buck. When you are dealing with it on the ground, dont grab the hair to roll it around and dont drag it. The hair falls out in patches very easily. When your caping it , make sure you skin open the cheek glands and get some salt in there. I dont know if your taxi friend has experience with pronghorns but the cheek glands have to be opened up completely and cleaned out before mounting or it will stink your house out.

I agree with the others on here, wyoming antelope is a very easy and fun DIY hunt. Get some doe tags if available (less than $40), and load up on that good meat. I believe as a non-resident you can take 2 bucks and 4 does. Guided or unguided, you will enjoy it.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 02-15-2014 at 08:58 PM.

excellent information gents

steven

Ohh I wanna go for them.
    Only conflict I see is overlap with bc seasons I would like to go but would like some foot on the ground knowledge I could take my truck but if guys really thought I could pull it off in the car it would be so cheap and so fast of a commute.
    I can really cover ground quick, cheap, and safe in a car, truck seems exspensive and 4 days driving alone

Not looking for biggest buck ever but 1 buck to mount and a couple does without pre applying would be dreamy..

foot on the ground knowledge... you can take your car. the season is Oct 1-15 so you may have to postpone one of your BC hunts big deal do it next year there are moose everywhere...
    Honey Holes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is all

Who is the guide in Riverton? I went last year with Wyoming Trophy Hunts and got a 82" buck. I got lots of information if you want to know anything. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak18 View Post
    Who is the guide in Riverton? I went last year with Wyoming Trophy Hunts and got a 82" buck. I got lots of information if you want to know anything. Good luck!
    I like to see a pic of your buck.

PM sent.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

A little late to the party here but this looks like an excellent hunt, I look forward to hearing about it and may even think about this is the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshot19 View Post
    A little late to the party here but this looks like an excellent hunt, I look forward to hearing about it and may even think about this is the near future.
    PM on its way.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Good luck gents..enjoy...jeeeeze a 82 invh pronghorn? PLEASE can you post a photo, Please.
    Cheers srupp