Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: back packing sleeping bag

Re: back packing sleeping bag

Check out Seattle's www.featheredfriends.com - there is nothing else that compares to them.
    I am a mountaineer and have slept in the toughest conditions, in -40F/C and out in the extreme altitudes. Their bags are waterproof and totally custom made, any colour, any zipper, etc.
    You will also save some weight if you get your bag custom made to your size - I am 5,5 girl so for me there is no point in having a long bag, for the weight i saved i put in extra few ounces of feather to be even warmer.

Big agnus storm king 0 , and get the Qcore insert matress .. I own it , the set up is ridiculously comfortable for a back packer. Fall asleep instantly and its got Down tech or DRY DOWN so it wont hold water if it gets wet

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Pr...Bag/filters/14

Agreed on the feathered friends, great bags. slightly heavier on par with western mountaineering but worth the higher durability. hiding money in an envelope as we speak for a new Lark UL bag from them.
    Make Your Own Luck

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    Hey I am on the market to get a down filled sleeping bag for backpacking trips, light weight and packs small, anyone have any tips suggestions? thanks!!
    Light weight and packs small being the operative words. I went with the Zpacks 20f/-7c down bag at 17 ounces. Excellent product that has had no problem keeping me warm at freezing temps.
    http://www.zpacks.com/quilts/sleepingbag.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I have a custom Taiga Down bag out of vancouver - its a barrel bag - i bouight it years ago and it has being excellent quality - it was about $400.00 at the time - Does nobody-anybody like the TAIGA STUFF OR ?? RJ
    Run TAIGA whenever I can. Have for years. Maybe not always the best cuts but always have had bomber gear for me. Made in B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    thanks for the info now I have some names to look up,

was hoping to spend less then $300
    Quality
    lightweight
    cheap

pick any 2. I ended up with the Marmot Helium membrane for about $300 several years ago, after researching and handling all the big names. Just decide what specs you want and watch for a good clearance sale on a bag that fits the bill.
    Twist and pull.

Outdoor Gear Lab is a great place to check out. With so many brands, you can't go wrong with many of the top brand selections. I have a Western Mountaineering bag myself.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/sleeping-bags
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

The Valandre bags are very nice .I use the BLoody Mary.You can get some good deals on bags if you have some time to shop around.I recently posted a Western Mountaineering sale of 15% off you very seldom see that.Another good source for High end down bags is (The Backpacking light) site.But you need a membership i believe for the used gear thread.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I endorse the mont bell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    Outdoor Gear Lab is a great place to check out. With so many brands, you can't go wrong with many of the top brand selections. I have a Western Mountaineering bag myself.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/sleeping-bags
    Cool! Or should I say Warm. Nice to find out my Zpack was a top pick in the ultralights.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Ultral...ng-Bag-Reviews