Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer and Antler point restrictions

Re: Mule Deer and Antler point restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I'm reposting this link GG provided earlier. Looks like a very positive undertaking that, unlike more regulation of hunters, will result in more deer. http://trench-er.com
    i dont think you get it sure that probably would work for southern Bc and all other traditionally forest fire controlled grass land areas but what of the rest of BC your thinking of only a small portion maybe thats because you live in that area and dont care about the rest of it. from what iv heard this year it sounds like most of BC the mule deer sightings and such have bin down cant all be solved by burning
    ponder this: "the world is run by those who show up".

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I will stand behind every post I have made. what others think of me is none of my business!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1993ap View Post
    I'm with you on the idea of a cycle. I'm fairly new to the game but from my experience I have seen the cycle. I started going out with my dad in the bush from a very young age. when I was really young he would drag me behind him and we would always see deer, and some very nice ones. things were great around here, we always picked up big sheds and spent lots of time in the field year round. the last few years the sheds have dropped off and have been seeing less and less deer. I am hopping the cycle turns around in the next few years because hunting has been hard. each year seems to get a little harder and harder. I still find nice deer but it takes huge effort and time spent in the field. I've had to change my ways of hunting and spend way more time scouting. it only makes a guy better in the long run, grinding through the hard times were in now.
    How has the habitat changed in the area you like to hunt?
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ru rancher View Post
    i dont think you get it sure that probably would work for southern Bc and all other traditionally forest fire controlled grass land areas but what of the rest of BC your thinking of only a small portion maybe thats because you live in that area and dont care about the rest of it. from what iv heard this year it sounds like most of BC the mule deer sightings and such have bin down cant all be solved by burning
    Maybe you should do more reading and less typing.. And while you're at it, start using punctuation.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Last time I checked, Im pretty sure you could burn down all of BC. Not just "southern BC and other traditionally forest fire controlled grass land areas."

edit..... ok.. maybe not Prince Rupert....

Most of BC is affected by fire, which benefits all wildlife. All pine stands are fire stands and need fire or other disturbance to regrow. They are serial stands, old growth is anything over 120 yo. Burns benefit all species, just not deer.

We need to let a few small fires get bigger, but not too hot as that is not good for regrowth of most species of plants.

And please, learn to spell and use punctuation. I thought you were in UBC?? You must drive your teachers wild if you spell like you do on here.

Cheers

SS
    Last edited by Sitkaspruce; 01-05-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

How has the habitat changed in the area you like to hunt?
    things I have noticed have been logging, new roads, preds, and there has been some habitat restoration in a few areas. pretty much things that happen everywhere in bc. I havnt noticed a huge change in the areas I hunt but my dad has seen it on a huge scale. there used to be very little access and lots of untouched ground. that's getting harder and harder to find now.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Husky,
    I'm not really sure what you are talking about in Region 5. A few short years ago they were over run with deer and handing out 1000s of doe tags. The only major changes they have done is drop the 2 buck limit and close the season down for 10 days in Nov. They still have an any buck season. Are you saying their 4 point seasons saved their deer or what? Not sure I understand. They have been hit hard by the same wolves as northern Region 3 so combined with the high doe harvest, their numbers are definately down. But still plenty of deer to be had including trophy bucks.
    Didn't say it saved anything, just made for some really action packed hunting, and that shortly after the season changed it was evident......

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Didn't say it saved anything, just made for some really action packed hunting, and that shortly after the season changed it was evident......
    what exactly is action packed hunting?....ive been hunting reg 3 and 5 in a few areas for 38 yrs and nothing much has changed over the yrs in my eyes anyways .some days i see some bucks some days i dont... some days there big bucks ..some days there smaller younger bucks .
    Last edited by frenchbar; 01-06-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Midnight toker

thank you for saying that exactly what i think when people accuse me of being a great huinter never once did i say i was just said i like to hunt and i like to go for a personal trophie never once claimed i saw everydeer that i crossed paths with
    You obviously have not been around for very long.... Dana sings a different tune now a days after his own friend gave him shit on open forum. Pretty easy to like now , I almost feel guilty

well i see everyone is hating and bringing up off topic stuff like my punctuation trust me its more of a pain in the ass for me then anyone else. so leave me alone about it dont read it if your just going to bitch about it!!
    ponder this: "the world is run by those who show up".

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I will stand behind every post I have made. what others think of me is none of my business!