Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer and Antler point restrictions

Re: Mule Deer and Antler point restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by BRrooster View Post
    On another note, how did everyones game cameras work this year? I saw more game animals after dark than during daylite hours.
    cheers
    Our crew's cameras worked great, we have photos of the"rare and elusive" R8 mule deer bucks, but my personal highlight for the year is the photo evidence of the "endangered R8 wt doe".

be careful when referring to photo evidence from trail cams, I was lamb basted a few weeks back on virtually the exact type of APR thread....seems some people don't like to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ru rancher View Post
    thank you for saying that exactly what i think when people accuse me of being a great huinter never once did i say i was just said i like to hunt and i like to go for a personal trophie never once claimed i saw everydeer that i crossed paths with
    Wait a minute.. People are accusing you of being a great hunter? Who are these people? Now I'm really confused. I thought this thread was about APR's.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Wait a minute.. People are accusing you of being a great hunter? Who are these people? Now I'm really confused. I thought this thread was about APR's.
    ill try to take this as not an insault hahah but people just sarcasticly make that comment because i always say wait for a mature buck and dont shoot the little immys that cross your path. but i would say im a pritty good bear hunter well i think its mostly my spot we got alot of big beautiful colour phased bears! althouhg my biggest bear is black got a 20 inch skull and front teath growned down to the gums. but yes its about point restriction just makeing a point because i thought it was a great thing dana said give me a break lol
    ponder this: "the world is run by those who show up".

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I will stand behind every post I have made. what others think of me is none of my business!

In all the ups and downs in wildlife populations in this province in the last 100 years, why is every down blamed on the managers and seasons??? Funny to think that someone mentioned what happened in the 60s and then forget about the 3 different booms since then. Just because hunting is hard right now doesn't mean it will be that way forever. There will be ups again. We are not sitting at the edge of the end of the world people! The Sky will still be there tommorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    In all the ups and downs in wildlife populations in this province in the last 100 years, why is every down blamed on the managers and seasons??? Funny to think that someone mentioned what happened in the 60s and then forget about the 3 different booms since then. Just because hunting is hard right now doesn't mean it will be that way forever. There will be ups again. We are not sitting at the edge of the end of the world people! The Sky will still be there tommorrow.
    Good point, Dana. I think the key is for all of us to realize that we can do a number of things to benefit wildlife to help ensure we see the "ups" a little sooner and the "downs" won't be as bad. Dealing with funding, habitat and predators would be a start. Wasting time on APR's isn't the answer.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

sure there are ups and downs in nature thats just the way it goes but when it is humans that cause the downs thats when things can turn south real quick

I will stand behind every post I have made. what others think of me is none of my business!

So, bottom line, what is it exactly that needs to be done? Reduced harvest? Shortened seasons? antlerless harvest? 4-point changed to anybuck season? Habitat conservation? predator control?

Why dont we stop bitching between ourselves and look at the bigger picture here. And that is preserving our awesome BC mulies for generations to come.

I'm with you on the idea of a cycle. I'm fairly new to the game but from my experience I have seen the cycle. I started going out with my dad in the bush from a very young age. when I was really young he would drag me behind him and we would always see deer, and some very nice ones. things were great around here, we always picked up big sheds and spent lots of time in the field year round. the last few years the sheds have dropped off and have been seeing less and less deer. I am hopping the cycle turns around in the next few years because hunting has been hard. each year seems to get a little harder and harder. I still find nice deer but it takes huge effort and time spent in the field. I've had to change my ways of hunting and spend way more time scouting. it only makes a guy better in the long run, grinding through the hard times were in now.

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post
    So, bottom line, what is it exactly that needs to be done? Reduced harvest? Shortened seasons? antlerless harvest? 4-point changed to anybuck season? Habitat conservation? predator control?

Why dont we stop bitching between ourselves and look at the bigger picture here. And that is preserving our awesome BC mulies for generations to come.
    i put in my two cents earlyer on what i belive would be the only way to have the best for everyone even though there would still be some bitching for the people that hunt now the new hunters wouldnt know the diffrence and there would be some great opportunites i think

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post

I'm reposting this link GG provided earlier. Looks like a very positive undertaking that, unlike more regulation of hunters, will result in more deer. http://trench-er.com
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach