Thread: Ruger 10-22 scope and rings

Ruger 10-22 scope and rings

Looking for experience/opinions on mounting a scope on a Ruger 10-22. Specifically preferred scope and brand of rings required to suit it. Thanks for any input. SS

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ruger 10-22 scope and rings

It depends on what your going to do with the rifle, cans and grouse at 25yds or targets at 200 yards.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Just short range. 50 yards max thereabouts. Thanks.

Everybody has scopes they prefer. I have never had a problem with the ruger 10/22, 10/22WMR, M77 ruger all using rugers proprietary ring system.
    Unless your using a rest of some sort, the darn things will usualy shoot better then the human operating them.
    Eat your dessert first.

Go to WSS and take a look at Scopes, pick one out in your price range, tell the Guy you'll be mounting it on a Ruger 10/22 and your good to go!!! If you take the Rifle with you( make sure it's got a trigger lock or cable type lock on it) and I'd bet they'll mount it for free!

I have a 1.5- 4X Bushnell on my 10/22 and it is all I need for head shots on grouse out to 40 yards. With the 1.5 it is great for tight shots in thick bush when the grouse hunker down. Fairly inexpensive and with no recoil it doesn't take much of a beating. With a folding stock it lays on the top of my quad box for easy access.