Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Duchess the Pudelpointer Dog

Re: Duchess the Pudelpointer Dog

I am overwhelmed with jealousy. What a gorgeous dog.

Give me a call when you have a bit of time to chat your off to a great start I'll walk you through a couple of "fixes" before the keep away game gets out of hand. Great looking pup sowing lots of good instinct.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

When your dog figures out that you are both working as a team and the whole scenario is more prosperous for them and much more fun for them when your involved, the retrieve will happen. Dogs firstly love to please themselves with us being secondary and when you make retrieving lots of fun, they won't forget. It would amaze some people to know how much valuable field work can be done from the friendly confines of your own living room sofa with toys, treats,praise and very short intervals of fun, and then stop and leave them wanting more. There are wonderful exercises for this and I'm sure the accomplished dog men from this site will PM you with great advise. Best of Luck with your little buddy......
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

Quote Originally Posted by hotload View Post
    When your dog figures out that you are both working as a team and the whole scenario is more prosperous for them and much more fun for them when your involved, the retrieve will happen. Dogs firstly love to please themselves with us being secondary and when you make retrieving lots of fun, they won't forget. It would amaze some people to know how much valuable field work can be done from the friendly confines of your own living room sofa with toys, treats,praise and very short intervals of fun, and then stop and leave them wanting more. There are wonderful exercises for this and I'm sure the accomplished dog men from this site will PM you with great advise. Best of Luck with your little buddy......
    I second this. A lot of our training involved picking up the kids toys all over the house and retrieving in the hallways where he had no where to go but back too me. She WILL get it

Quote Originally Posted by yamadirt 426 View Post
    I second this. A lot of our training involved picking up the kids toys all over the house and retrieving in the hallways where he had no where to go but back too me. She WILL get it
    And here is one of the accomplished dog men now. With all the good things done with Mater, someone is doing something very right. To name a few, Buck, Sasquatch, Slapper,Yamadirt, Labguy, Foxton, these guys should be able to get you around every new learning curve for you, and I have no doubt they would more than step up to the plate and help you through this if asked to do so. Reading the PM's through the months and years they have been more help than they know to help me with my inexperience get my dog to a level where we can at least go hunting and have fun, Good luck.........
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

Backyard in the summer months doing this .... (Sip of beer, flip the steak, throw the bumper .... repeat)

VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Duchess turned 1 yo and went to get FF by Kevin Hill. Looking forward to seeing results. Will post pics soon. Should be in good shape for duck season.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

My wife was apparently worried about the dog getting wet in the rain.

Her first haircut at Kevin's. Apparently they need to see.

Will keep you guys updated on if she makes it through school.

Any by tricks for getting her from chasing dragon flys? She seems to be nuts for them now. I guess she thinks I'm that good of a shot. And that they're edible.
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

so cute.

Duchess with Kevin Hill in training. One if not the best trainer around. Highly recommend him. I've learned lots and Duchess is doing well.