Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: More Hunters These Days then back In The Day...

Re: More Hunters These Days then back In The Day...

Gee, Sitkaspruce, we better time things right for next season. I was planning on heading up your way to chase your crew's gut piles. I'd hate to be up north looking for your camp while you're tromping around the Okanagan. That Dawson Creedmore guy might be worth following, but he changes his name so often it could be next to impossible to track him down.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

A guy can learn something from that Dawsondude. Changing you name might be a way to keep the gutpile chasers off your trail.

Sitka,
    Missed ya this year from the rest of the crew that came to Clearwater. Hopefully you'll throw in the next time they come up.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Gee, Sitkaspruce, we better time things right for next season. I was planning on heading up your way to chase your crew's gut piles. I'd hate to be up north looking for your camp while you're tromping around the Okanagan. That Dawson Creedmore guy might be worth following, but he changes his name so often it could be next to impossible to track him down.
    You should both time it right so you can stay in each other's houses.
    "Criss-cross"!

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

--Yeah, I didn't get anything up here at all, uh huh, nada. You all saw the evidence, unpunched tags, those weren't taken earlier in the season, no no, those were just taken the other day...and if I did get anything it was in Region 5...
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

From what I hear, on this site and from others in BC, hunters on Vancouver Island have been squeezed out of much of the land that we hunted in the 60's and early 70's. The spread of housing developments and the closure of private gates has resulted in much less access and much crowding for those who still pursue the game. We had a much more numerous deer population and a much higher grouse population on Vancouver Island to go after.
    The Sooke road sweepstakes were certainly not attractive, but if you walked a lot, as we did, you usually got separated from the crowd. Hunting the high country by climbing resulted in a prime hunting experience with no other hunters sighted.
    I have lived in Saskatchewan since 1986. I appreciate the hunting opportunity that I have had here. We are now experiencing a shocking low point in available deer and upland birds due to repeated and severe winter mortalities. There are always new opportunities developing. We shared a nice bull moose this year, taken with a Muzzleloading rifle in the thickets bordering farmland of S. Saskatchewan.
    If I miss anything in BC it is the mountain experience. Climbing in the predawn to be in the high country for the day, glassing for miles and trying to work out a stalk.
    Blue grouse and Bandtail pigeons on Vancouver Island, and the elusive Blacktail deer, Elk and mule deer in the E. Kootenay - those were the days.