Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $100 Trail Cam

Re: $100 Trail Cam

Since the quite thing is not working, where can you find a Bushnell for a $100. Pm me if you want.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Are these the Simmons people are talking about? 2 pack for $150

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/42490/...mera-twin-pack
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Are these the Simmons people are talking about? 2 pack for $150

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/42490/...mera-twin-pack
    Ozone

Those are good starter cams, just be aware of the short motion activation and they have a slow trigger speed, so not the best for trail watching. Better for watching a salt lick/bait pile. The ones I have experience with are the 7mp Prohunters, which have better motion, fash and trigger speed.

http://www.simmonsoptics.com/trailcameras/ I have the 119421c, the ones at Cabelas are 119234c.

The cabelas deal, with the mail in rebate is a good deal to start with.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Update!

ended up with a Simmons ProHunter 6mp.

looking forward to entering the trail cam world!

thanks for all the advice

I bet you can't buy just one!!!!!!!.... I own a Bushnell Trophy Cam. It is awsome, It has gone through 3 seasons and the battery life still shows full. I might not get as many photos as some of you guys but 8 AA's for 3 seasons and still ticking seems darn good too me.
    SHIT HAPPENS! Usually when the big one decides to show himself!

Welcome to the obsession, Terri. Im surprised it took ya this long.
    Now its all about finding out what will attract and keep em at the cam to keep track of the inventory of animals.

I've always been a fan of Moultrie. However, i bought the Moultrie A-5 for $70.00 a couple months back and it's a joke. They failed to mention in the ad that it has a slow trigger speed of 2 seconds and only takes one pic at a time before it rests. This camera is all default settings and the only thing you can change on it are the date and time. All my other Moultries are set to 3 pics between delays because sometimes the first pic only consists of a nose or a tip of an antler.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    I've always been a fan of Moultrie. However, i bought the Moultrie A-5 for $70.00 a couple months back and it's a joke. They failed to mention in the ad that it has a slow trigger speed of 2 seconds and only takes one pic at a time before it rests. This camera is all default settings and the only thing you can change on it are the date and time. All my other Moultries are set to 3 pics between delays because sometimes the first pic only consists of a nose or a tip of an antler.
    I guess we can call a girl who's a Tease a "Moultrie" because all it ever gets is just the tip.