Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $100 Trail Cam

Re: $100 Trail Cam

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    My Simmons will go a couple months in cold temps with only 4 AA's.
    X2.

I have four different camera types, Simmons is least expensive unit, takes the least amount of batteries (4 AA's) and last the longest (months). Some of my other cams take better quality pictures (not all) but simmons has to be best value. Also handy that it is so small.

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post
    I was pretty shocked to put in brand new batteries and have the pics start at 6 pm right after I left and be done at 12:30 am when the batteries died.
    I don't know about that particular cam, but the cold weather will trick the cam into thinking the batteries are dead by because the low temp also lowers the current the batteries can deliver. Try warming them up and checking them - you might see that they are still good.

I would recommend the Simmons cams also, very similar to the tasco cams, both take 4 AA and last a long time. I had my tasco for 2 yrs where it spent lots of time in cold weather and it just crapped out.
    Brian011

In your price range, I'd go Simmons. Just FYI, the Bushnell Trophy HD is $160 on Ebay and it's pretty darn good...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Good thread.

I'd never seen a simmons cam but will keep my eyes open. Sounds like it's a decent cam for cheap.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

For anyone getting a trail cam for around the home security, and also something that'll work great for game, the Moultrie 990i is probably the best. It has a 60' plus range, takes excellent pics day or night, undetectable taking night pics, and it's $145 on Amazon.com. Two year warranty as well I think...and 5 months on a set of lithium AAs.
    Last edited by Singleshotneeded; 12-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Check out current Canadian Tire flyer

http://flyer.canadiantire.ca/Canadia...&pagenumber=18

Stealth cam skout-Very good camera and can usually find them on amazon for 99 or so.

Just attempting to get into the trail cam thing. For 100$ you can get a simmons or bushnell 8MP camera or you can buy a 2 pack of 3MP tasco cameras.

For me, I can't buy multiple cams right now…so would I be better with 2 cameras at a lower quality image…..or 1 cam with better quality image? I'm tempted to go for the 2 pack tasco because I can cover more area.

Go with the Simmons, buy before the end of the year, send in for your $20 rebate and you are already 20% ahead for another one. The Simmons has a 2 year warranty, which in the trail cam world, can be the differance between looking at pictures and throwing them in the round can. The tasco's will work, but they are so old school and you will get frustrated with them.

Right now, the Simmons 7mp Prohunter is on sale for a $100 at a sports store in Grande Prairie (not WSS) or $109 in the sports store in FSJ. Also see them a Walmart.

Watchout they will be addicting!!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!