Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $100 Trail Cam

Re: $100 Trail Cam

the reason it so low is because it got knock down the tree
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

We have been using the simons/tasco cameras from Walmart 3 mega pixel I think and they are very good on batteries and images and video are good also. $99 for two pack
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post
    Me too, p.o.s., first set of batteries lasted one week, second set lasted two days, third set lasted 6 hrs! All brand new Duracell. Pretty disappointed because it takes good pics in the day and night. Don't know what's wrong with it but it's going back.
    Are you using lithium batteries? The cold temps will kill your alkalines in no time. That said, some cameras eat batteries a lot quicker than others. My Simmons will go a couple months in cold temps with only 4 AA's. The tasco seems to be the same. I believe both are made by bushnell.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Are you using lithium batteries? The cold temps will kill your alkalines in no time. That said, some cameras eat batteries a lot quicker than others. My Simmons will go a couple months in cold temps with only 4 AA's. The tasco seems to be the same. I believe both are made by bushnell.
    No I'm not, they probably would be better, the last few night have dropped to -38 where my cam is! However my buddy has a moultrie set up less than two km away and he's gone three weeks now in the same conditions with the same batteries and has lots left. Online reviews of stealth cams all complain about the battery life. I was pretty shocked to put in brand new batteries and have the pics start at 6 pm right after I left and be done at 12:30 am when the batteries died.

I hear hear good things about bushnell battery life.

To the o.p. check out trailcampro.com for in depth reviews.

CrappyTire had two different ones on for $99!

Me too, p.o.s., first set of batteries lasted one week, second set lasted two days, third set lasted 6 hrs! All brand new Duracell. Pretty disappointed because it takes good pics in the day and night. Don't know what's wrong with it but it's going back.
    Good to know will hold on to the receipt first stealth cam I've owned it looked pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by 139grainsofhell View Post
    Good to know will hold on to the receipt first stealth cam I've owned it looked pretty good...
    It does look good and it takes good pics, I was happy with everything but the battery life. It might be better in the early season with warmer temps. I'm going to try and return mine for a different brand.

I've been very happy with my tasco cameras, good pics day and night, one set of 4 AA batteries lasted from last week of august until nov 30 and still have life left, temps were down to -30 in November...princess auto sells a 2 pack for 179

Haha. I had a stealthcam a few years ago and it did the same thing. Even in warm weather a brandnew set of C's would last 2 days without any pics being taken. Glad to see they have improved their product.
    They wouldn't even answer my emails.
    Shockey can have them.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The simmons cams are good bang for your buck. Nice and small too which is nice. I run Bushnell trophy cam HD's and some Moultrie M880's both are wicked cams with awesome battery life although above the price range. Id say the simmons is the best bet in that price range.