Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MEC Ibex 80

Re: MEC Ibex 80

So hostile everyone....
    Get out and kill some wolves to make pacific wild mad. Then drop the "all so good meat" on their door step.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Pacific Wild lead a campaign against the draft grey wolf management plan for BC, as the plan includes lethal measures. Definitely not a pro hunting organization - if MEC floats PW expenses that for sure is not a good thing. It would be nice to see a list of organizations that recieve funds from MEC.
    The World is run by those that show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Pacific Wild lead a campaign against the draft grey wolf management plan for BC, as the plan includes lethal measures. Definitely not a pro hunting organization - if MEC floats PW expenses that for sure is not a good thing. It would be nice to see a list of organizations that recieve funds from MEC.
    Do a search then. It's there for all to see.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

I dont care what M.E.C. view or OPINION or Anyone elses for that matter is, on hunting or buying or selling gear from M.E.C. .. I have buying gear from them for years .. they have gear i want or need . and i have cash . .end of story ..And i wish i could have got my hands on a Bora 95 myself , first chance i get im going to pick one up .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

MEC has a lot of good stuff for out-of-hunting but personally I wouldn't be happy if they really are outright against hunting. Do you guys have some proof that they're contributing to anti-hunting groups or lobbying as such?
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Couple other packs that carry big loads

REI xt 85 supposedly can fit a Kifaru waistbelt on it.
    Deuter air contact pro 70+15
    These both carry big loads
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    MEC has a lot of good stuff for out-of-hunting but personally I wouldn't be happy if they really are outright against hunting. Do you guys have some proof that they're contributing to anti-hunting groups or lobbying as such?
    It's all been posted here before, they do give money to groups that bridge the gap, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Well - hopefully this is a more useful response to the OP... I tried the Ibex, because for an internal frame pack, I found it to have a ton of extra storage pockets that most don't have. Also the price point was good. But in the end, I ended up going for the Arcteryx Bora. Absolutely hands down a way better pack. Better fit, better quality, better design, though I will concede not better price (by a long shot). My opinion is that there is no better internal frame pack for mountain hunting than the boras.

BTW, the built in water bottle holders that are on both sides work perfectly for a water bottle (one one side) and a rifle butt stock on the other. The bottle holder plus the side straps makes for the most secure rifle holding system for a non-hunting specific pack I've ever seen.

Long and the short of it is that I've totally abused mine for over 5 years now, massive weights etc etc and it's performed flawlessly.

TJ

PI've used several different internal frame packs, including an Ibex. Save your money and buy the Bora 95. The weight difference between a Bora 80 and 95 is well worth the extra space. Plus the 95 has actual load stabilizer rods for big loads. The Ibex would be great for smaller trips and what it was meant for... Backpacking on a budget. The Arc' Teryx Bora is the bomb. Simple. I've also used the Gregory Whitney, another 95 litre pack. The harness and backpad are a major weak point. One other huge load hauler is the Osprey argon 110. Expensive, but they have great reviews.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause."
    -Theodore Roosevelt France, 1910