Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ducks hunting locations around kamloops

Re: ducks hunting locations around kamloops

Then call your local game warden and ask about the lakes you've been seeing ducks on. One simple phone call or email.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Take a map book. Read the regs.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Don't be so hard on the guy !! I can't help in the loops but if your in lower mainland pm I'll take you out.

theres nothing on the regs about shooting on fishing lakes on region 3

Quote Originally Posted by ru rancher View Post
    wow that guy got shut down quick i agree with the whole get to know the place before you ask for spots and even more supoort the getting out there and looking cant rely on the members for everything but no need to shut a guy down like that
    I agree with ru rancher. If you didn't grow up waterfowling with family it can be fairly daunting aquiring good gunning! Some of you guys commenting on his post are in fact still wet behind the ears as far as I'm concerned??? I try to take new guys out every year and generally have had good success mentoring them. Lots of guys are all gung-ho to go and when the rubber meets the road they bail on me??? Maybe my quirkey reputation precedes
    me???? Doesn't hurt to show newbies the ropes, remember boys strength in numbers when our sport is threatened!! --Cheers--Field Marshal.

While I echo a bit from everyone, it is mind blowing that for some reason water fowling gets more of these posts then anything else. I mean you never see, hey I wanna try sheep hunting, take me to your spot or variations of that. And it seems like every few days we get this.

We have taken new guys out every year. Quite a few actually. Every year since I have lived here. While I was far from a newb to waterfowling when I moved here, Field marshall actually offered to take me out and since then we have become quite the couple!.

However, my best advice to someone brand new to waterfowling is if you want to get into it, get into it. You don't have to have anything to offer persay ( although it helps, like a spot to go to, or a few dekes, or something to show you are committed) but the biggest thing is a super keener attitude. Be gung hoe! Guys with experience are not really likely to take a guy that "just wants to try and see if they like it before they spend the money" I know that type of approach doesn't even get a second look from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Wow, pretty harsh shit you guys! I always thought this was a place for hunters to share with other like minded people. It wasn't very long ago that Big Bore was in the same boat as yourself but now that he's a seasoned vet he comes off with shit like this! I'd love to help ya out but yer in an area I only hunt Deer in, sorry! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    It wasn't very long ago that Big Bore was in the same boat as yourself but now that he's a seasoned vet he comes off with shit like this
    I am well aware of my lack of experience in almost every type of hunting. No need to bring it up.

Shit like this is just the truth of the matter. He posted on this same subject twice before and was getting zero responses. I just gave him the goods. Don't expect to have honey holes handed to you ever, when you get them, hold them secret, and if you only have 2 posts, don't expect much of a response.

Take a walk through the newbie hunters looking for a partner thread, and you'll see the overwhelming truth. People don't give up their honey holes easily.
    Last edited by BiG Boar; 12-05-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Didn't want him to cry himself to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Holy frig,,,,,I tagged out ,,,whitey and mule,,,bird huntin now bud,,,,then predator huntin,',,,pm me bud,,,,northern flights in,,,,,,,just like ducks in a barrel,,,,a mixer too,,,green wing,,,widgeon,,,,of course mallard',,,,,,,,,,my thing gettin diff spec.,,,,,luv the pintail

I know that im wonder if you can hunt ducks on Kamloops lakes bin duck hunting before up peace river area just don't want to travel so far for a duck im looking for just a simple lake or area that I can set up, shoots ducks, and have a good time with family and friends