Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foam Targets

Foam Targets

Have any of you guys/gals shot into one of these?

They are a closed cell foam target, about 2" thick, made by Delta. They sell at Wally World for about 30 bucks or so, half the cost of a foam block or bag target.

I was wondering if anyone had tried them out. I was thinking they might be fine for some back yard practice. Feedback???

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Foam Targets

Okay cheap target butts, BUT they cost $90.00 plus tax for three cause I need that to stop my broadhead arrows from passing thru, I have to put 3 together for them to work, so might just as well buy a good layered foam for about the same price and it lasts longer, so in the end it is cheaper.Even my field points go right thru one.But for a slower bow they will work just fine.
    Target arrow 300 gr 325 fps
    Hunting arrow w/broadhead 295 fps with about 80+ KE
    Both only 60 #
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    Okay cheap target butts, BUT they cost $90.00 plus tax for three cause I need that to stop my broadhead arrows from passing thru, I have to put 3 together for them to work, so might just as well buy a good layered foam for about the same price and it lasts longer, so in the end it is cheaper.Even my field points go right thru one.But for a slower bow they will work just fine.
    Target arrow 300 gr 325 fps
    Hunting arrow w/broadhead 295 fps with about 80+ KE
    Both only 60 #
    Well that answers my question!

yup...shooting at one of those doubled up resulted in digging my broadhead out of a fir fence...thing hardly even slowed down.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Franko, everyone tells me to get some large woven plastic-fabric bags and stuff them tightly with plastic grocery bags. I'm saving up Thrifty bags like the hermit I aim to become!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I used that target for awhile with field points only and never had a problem until i started to get better and hit the same spot over and over finally put a hole right thru it and burried the arrow into a piece of plywood i had behind it.

I won one at our club banquet and will use it for the wife or grandkids but not for my bow. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Most of the newer bows will blow a broadhead through 3-4 of these targets. Spend the extra $ and get a 21x21x18" block target or a bigger one.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

Just go to a construction site, ask for all the insulation bags and stuff them into 1 bag. It works perfect, I made 5 targets from 1 jobsite!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I use very large burlap bags filled very tightly with shrink wrap. The even stop Willy's arrows.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!