Thread: "Quiet", waterproof/resistant gaiter recommendations?

"Quiet", waterproof/resistant gaiter recommendations?

Hey Guys.....didn't want to hijack the Kuiu threa, but thinking about getting my Dad a set for Xmas. He is back in MB but has always complained about his wool pants and other hunting pants getting damp in deeper snow or walking through taller grass and in the bush.

Being quiet is paramount for him whether hunting animals or filming moose....he is tall (6'5"-6'6") but lanky. Any recommendations for some that are pretty waterproof/resistant yet ALSO quiet AND may work for a tall guy?

I am hoping for something good and durable but due to the lack of 'mountains' in MB they don't need to be a hardcore mountaineering product.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: "Quiet", waterproof/resistant gaiter recommendations?

kenetrek makes fairly quiet gaiters, but may not be a good fit for your dad...I'm 6' and I wish they had an extra couple inches for me

I have had 3 sets now. No comparison so far. Sitka is the best I've owned. That being said, I am not a big sitka fan of anything else. But these were worth it. That being said, 1 of the buttons failed on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Kenetrek 100%

I agree. One of the kenetrek hunting gaiters. I'm 6' and they seem fine for me, in fact I think they are taller than most others I have had. They also have a quieter outer shell.
    http://www.kenetrek.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KE-064-AP
    http://www.kenetrek.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KE-064-SNO

hillsound makes good gaiters, vancouver designed I think, maybe made there as well.....but not quiet and will fit tight if you have big legs, similar style/design to Sitka....I can't wear them over multiple winter layers when I'm ice fishing

I've never found a gaiter I'm 100% happy with...but kenetreks for hunting and hillsound for active winter duty

I've owned the same pair of Outdoor Research gaiters form probably 10 years now - they've been used on a number of mountain hunts and throughout the winter snowshoeing etc. Zero complaints.

Google Ravenwear. Hand made in Alberta and made to your exact specs. I first found out about them in a hotel in Alberta where the owner had a weekend display of products in her suite. Extreme quality and materials used. Beyond quiet. They will build anything however you want it.

Once again with the kenetrek. They are quiet and cheaper than most gaiters to boot

Kenetrek for me. I have 2 pairs, snow camo and black, both work great and are the best ones I have used...not sure why I have the snow camo, but the do look cool in the snow.....

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!