Thread: CORE Question

CORE Question

Alright, so I should be receiving my PAL/RPAL soon and I have begun studying the CORE book, once I write the CORE Exam is it the same kind of run around to get my hunters number as it is to get a PAL or is it a fairly quick process?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: CORE Question

Nope, I took my paper work from the instructor to the bcwf the next day then went from there to the government agent, 5 minutes later had my hunter number, the longest part of the process was driving to the 2 different locations.

awesome, how hard is the test? I am up to the animal identification portion of the book now

I had most trouble with the bird id area.Read up good on that stuff.

thanks, I will

If you're actually taking the course and not challenging it you should be fine. Make sure you don't point the gun at anybody for the safety section of the test.

i am planning on challenging, I was told since I have successfully passed the firearms safety training I do not need to do the firearms portion of the CORE exam

You can take your proof of passed PAL exam and the CORE instructor writes the date of the passed exam where it asks for PAL info. Don't need your card. I challenged my CORE last year. Pretty easy. Just read the book a few times and and studied with a buddy by quizzing each other. Very quick to get hunter number.

Thats good news. A guy that works for me wants to take me bear hunting this spring so I want to get all my ducks in a row so to speak asap