Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Close any buck general open seasons in the East Okanagan and Kootenays

Re: Close any buck general open seasons in the East Okanagan and Kootenays

Quote Originally Posted by duallie View Post
    fine by me.
    I hate the any "buck" season anyway.
    as long as they keep a youth hunt open, it's all good.
    if it's for the betterment of the deer populations, then everyone should be happy about it.
    So you're not a fan of predator management and you enjoy antler restrictions. I suppose you feel there are no habitat issues in BC either?
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ru rancher View Post
    ummm meat hunters that dont care about the rack ummm people who are hunting for there first time and will shoot any buck ummm people that are hunting with there kids and want to see them smile over a success full trip idk LOTS of people dont just shoot big old prime genetics bucks
    I don't consider a 3-pt or a 2-pt to be "bad genetics".
    and I don't think that's what they think either.

is it not better that the deer #'s increase?
    go somewhere else where the #'s are higher if getting a deer is that necessary.

So you're not a fan of predator management and you enjoy antler restrictions. I suppose you feel there are no habitat issues in BC either?
    no, I get all that.
    and it's all serious issues.
    but that doesn't change that maybe they need to tighten the season next year to help the deer #'s increase.
    planting more trees next year isn't helping in the short term.

Tons of mature moose around this year. Interesting what happens after years of spike/fork only season supplemented by LEH. Want more mature mule deer? Stop shooting the ones that are barely reaching maturity. I'm all for LEH on 4 points. Give the bucks with good genetics a break.

Let's be clear - getting rid of any buck season is purely political. It won't make more deer and it won't result in more 4 points. Unfortunately the vocal minority, with no understanding of science or the real issues facing deer populations are making the most noise. It's disappointing to hear the bios are caving to this BS.
    umm actually buddy in region 5 when they closed any buck except for the month of oct like they plan to do in this place the 4 point population i see now has exploded tons of younger 4 points since it has only bin a few years sure i have seen a few more mature 2-3 points that should be shoot but still the 4 points are way higher numbers then they used to be and this is through scouting in the summer looking in farmers fields just for interest rather then planning to hunt them next year im expecting even bette results

Quote Originally Posted by duallie View Post
    I don't consider a 3-pt or a 2-pt to be "bad genetics".
    and I don't think that's what they think either.

is it not better that the deer #'s increase?
    go somewhere else where the #'s are higher if getting a deer is that necessary.
    actually yes that is bad genetics sounds like your an island boy thats never saw real mule deer look at what a typical mule deer looks like 4 POINTS not 2 not 3 but 4 and i never said getting a deer is nessicary its just nice to have more oppertunity and get out and see some beautiful bucks rather then get skunked in sightings in a couple days trip

Sigh..........

umm actually buddy in region 5 when they closed any buck except for the month of oct like they plan to do in this place the 4 point population i see now has exploded tons of younger 4 points since it has only bin a few years sure i have seen a few more mature 2-3 points that should be shoot but still the 4 points are way higher numbers then they used to be and this is through scouting in the summer looking in farmers fields just for interest rather then planning to hunt them next year im expecting even bette results
    There was another important change in Region 5 regulations that may have had an effect. Do you know what it was? Hard to be scientific when only taking in the part of the equation that gives your hypothesis credibility.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

There was another important change in Region 5 regulations that may have had an effect. Do you know what it was? Hard to be scientific when only taking in the part of the equation that gives your hypothesis credibility.
    and what would you say that is the wolf no bag limit? or the closeing of the season during the heavy rut?

How about creating better habitat for mule deer....

actually yes that is bad genetics sounds like your an island boy thats never saw real mule deer look at what a typical mule deer looks like 4 POINTS not 2 not 3 but 4 and i never said getting a deer is nessicary its just nice to have more oppertunity and get out and see some beautiful bucks rather then get skunked in sightings in a couple days trip
    it's only bad genetics to trophy hunters.
    so, are 4 pt'ers bad genetics because they aren't turning into nice, big 6 pt'ers?

they aren't doing this to increase the #'s of big 4pt bucks in the future.
    it's being done to increase the # of deer overall.