Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Island Waterfowl

Re: Island Waterfowl

You have to watch where you go if you are getting any closer to the Dinsdale property behind Widgeon Island

The backside of the Island is a no shooting zone so you can really only shoot towards the dikes and the penninsula out to the terminal or directly seaward unless you want to go around the termnal off towards the old mill or the other side of the bay closer to where the Cow river comes in.

We should meet up one day and trade stories

Talking Re: Island Waterfowl

We were pretty close to the terminal road maybe 100 yards from it on one of the little Islands. I'd love to go hunting ducks with someone who knows the area well. I've only been living here since March of 2003 and have only hunted the Cow Bay for ducks. In 3 outings I've only scratched 2 green wing teal and a bufflehead. I could have shot a half dozen mergansers but who wants to eat those things. I’m an east coaster and have shot around a hundred ducks back east but never managed to scratch a mallard yet. I’m sure it will happen sooner or later. I’m going to try and get out again tomorrow on the mill side and see if I can’t change my luck.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Marc

Give me a call
    PM sent

Good story Marc! Reminds me of when I wa younger and my buddies and I would go up past Mission to a backslough around Deroche. Pretty much every trip had an episode where I stepped in a hole or soft patch and went over my chest waders. My friends still laugh about it.
    Sorry to hear the shooting wasn't too good but tommorrows another day (read my latest waterfowl post! ).
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Thumbs up Re: Island Waterfowl

Go ahead Dano rub it in. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I never did go today as I’ve gotten permission to use my new to me 30-06 so I was over to grizz's place changing mounts and scopes over. Took it to the range and all is well. K-1 and I are headed back in the mountains west of Cowichan south of Nitnat Lake We are going to give it a try for some blacktails or blackies what ever walks out first as I've got both tags to fill this fall.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF