Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound
    Welcome.......and I too was wondering this. Good chice in movies BW
    OH MY GOD!!!

HE ACTUALLY HAD SOMETHING NICE TO SAY!!

Re: Maximizing Penetration

Hey. I always say something nice.

G' Day Lads,

BW, thanks for the kind words on my buff, yeah they BBQ up great and also make good jerky, the hide on these guys can be a couple of inches thick and they have a massive bone structure including super heavy duty ribs that don't mind slowing an arrow right down . I have not used the GK gear I always use Ozzie gear if it will do the job and we have several broad head makers here and most of them make great broad heads

Yeah, I grew up with Mad Max and 2 door Hardtop Falcons (that is the car the THE Interceptor is based on). I have owned a few

As far as Broad heads go I like to keep it simple, I don't really think that the brand of broad head is as critical as the sharpness and flight characteristics. The BEST broad head in the world is worth zip if it is not shaving sharp and does not fly well. Having said that I use a simple fixed 2 blader made here in Australia called the Outback Supreme, Woody knocks them up in his shed and he is a top bloke to boot.

http://users.ncable.net.au/~woody/introduction_page.htm

These are simple (by North American standards). But I can garrantee that they fly like an absolute demon, sharpen to a super scary sharp edge and the effects are devastating to say the lest, I dropped a fully grown Scrub Bull last year, one arrow from 40 yards quartering away hard, he stumbled less than 15 paces and was dead within 40 to 60 seconds, definately the best bow kill that I have ever witnessed.

I can group these Supremes into around 4 to 6 inches all day at 60 yards even in windy conditions.

When I move to BC I will be bringing a heap with me as they really do the job for me and I like the KISS idea (keep it simple stupid)

Cheers Noel

Bow Walker Guest

Those heads look lethal to say the least. Having just 2 blades like that will definitely help the penetration - especially when the heads are so sharp.

I bookmarked the website for later perusal - at a quick glance it looks really interesting.

Are you considering a move to BC?

How many of us expats do you want Bowwalker? Welcome interceptor, from an expat from Adelaide. Are you really thinking of moving here? I live in Prince George, which is about a 9-10 hour drive north from Vancouver.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sideofabarn
    How many of us expats do you want Bowwalker? Welcome interceptor, from an expat from Adelaide. Are you really thinking of moving here? I live in Prince George, which is about a 9-10 hour drive north from Vancouver.
    I always wondered about your avatar...........now I know.

BW and Sideof,

We are already booked to fly over in June for a 3 week reccie, we are going to hire an RV and cruise around, I have also spoken to a company re a job. So far it is ALL GOOD.

Sideof, I thought you were a Kiwi

If it all goes to plan I hope to be back over there early next year to live, maybe in the Kootenay area (Castlegar).

Cheers Noel

A word to the wise interceptor. If someone here mistakes your accent for kiwi, let it go, unless you can tell the difference in an accent between BC and Washington. I can't count the number of people who are reluctant to say anything because they met an australian, and asked if they were from NZ, with the response being a huffy I'M AUSTRALIAN. Nothing bugs me more than Australian arrogance... Leave the attitude at home and you'll do fine here.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

Stand a little closer Come on someone had to say it

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Try this website re penetration. It's a bit of reading but it's an eyeopener. And yes, arrow diameter is important

http://www.ubbc.ca/resources/documents/index.htm