Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bcwf insurance

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Re: bcwf insurance

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    Oh my .. come on JoeJoe all you seem to do on these threads is miss-inform everyone about the BCWF. You are covered as long as you are engaged in a hunting or fishing activity and YES for heavens sake, that includes travel to and from your hunting/fishing spot. Now stop spreading nonsense and "interpreting" because your track record doing so sucks.

Exactly , sometimes common sense does not prevail !
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Any questions on BCWF provided insurance through HUBB are best directed to Joan McKay .... the BCWF Insurance Committee chair at mandjmckay@shaw.ca Get it right from the source and get the right information.

Oh my .. come on JoeJoe all you seem to do on these threads is miss-inform everyone about the BCWF. You are covered as long as you are engaged in a hunting or fishing activity and YES for heavens sake, that includes travel to and from your hunting/fishing spot. Now stop spreading nonsense and "interpreting" because your track record doing so sucks.
    Really .. you have my track record and you don't like it.. I thought people were allowed to speak their minds..
    A com on TPK your track record of trying to make out that people should know that what you say is gospel is very tiresome and counter productive to good debate.
    Gee TPK you are soooooo much more intelligent than I am you should back off a little and give me a break.. please?
    respect is a credential.

Firstly,BCWF does not insure anyone.They provide a policy with your membership dues.The Company that sells that policy is Hub.The insurer is an Insurance broker.They are the ones that decide if and when you require coverage and if and when they will or will not pay.For complete answers you need to talk directly to the agency or broker to get the correct answers.

Be prepared for a legal battle if there is any question about your coverage.

What is the miss-information by the way? I read the line on the bottom of the Certificate of Liability Insurance that is supplied for members by Hub and it says under additional insureds..
    "operation of ATV's that are not licensed by ICBC on Non-Public Roads for off road liability while Actively engaged in (I) .. which is hunting and fishing activities. Why would they put the word "actively" in there if it doesn't mean anything.. it would have been easier to omit it.
    And just because you think that is miss-information how does that give you the right to miss-inform the forum about my track record by saying "all you seem to do is miss-inform everyone about the BCWF. That was only one thread out of about fifty and I was talking about the insurance - not the BCWF . I think you just spoke for the federation because you seem to portray the image that you are in the know.. and you have swampers.
    I respect you to date because you have a good attitude about most things... and I like your posts in defence of public property so you are an OK guy.. but don't fu$k with my track record if you don't mind.
    respect is a credential.

I went to the trouble of phoning Hub in Nanaimo. A lady there by the name of Marylin assured me that the word actively was placed there to emphasize that the insurance only covered people going hunting or fishing and not just joy riding. She assured me that anyone actually going hunting or fishing was covered from beginning of trip to the end even if they were looking for a place to hunt or fish as long as they were on non-public or forest service roads.
    So the word "actively" is just to alert people to the fact that are not insured if they are joy riding and not hunting or fishing... So that is what it is, and she says it definitely includes any travel to or from the fishing hole or hunting area on non public roads and forest service roads. Seems Forest service roads are not public roads and they are not private roads.. they seem to be in a category of their own.
    I should have asked why they don't include joy riding .. it would make life simpler for ATV ers.
    respect is a credential.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    ...I should have asked why they don't include joy riding .. it would make life simpler for ATV ers.
    They "could", but the price would climb to what Capri charges. This is a nice low cost option for those that typically only use their off road vehicle for hunting and fishing anyway. This has been discussed in many threads and the common outcome is .... if you want/need full coverage for all year long playing, then pay the extra $$ and go with Capri. Many have both.

Thanks
    Thinking about getting a small quad for rock hunting.. but that isn't included in hunting so I'll have to go with Capri I guess if I make the plunge.
    respect is a credential.

Compare products and get what suits you. Capri,Hub and Oasis all offer libility coverage.Ask some questions,is the machine or the rider covered?If I let my buddy ride my machine is the insurance valid?If I have a pasenger on a one up machine is there coverage?Are there any discounts for being a member of a organization?What is the cost?Is there an aniversery date or am I covered for a year from date of purchase?Is there any discount if you have taken an ATV Safety Course?

Check out the cost of full coverage. Most are unaware that when transporting your atv on a trailer or the bed of your truck,there is no ICBC insurance on the atv if there is an accident.Your home insurance does not cover your atv if it is stolen or destroyed in a fire etc.

Your liability insurance is to protect those that you may have an accident with.That is why you should want other operators to also have liability insurance.Lets be safe out there,not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    Compare products and get what suits you. Capri,Hub and Oasis all offer libility coverage.Ask some questions,is the machine or the rider covered?If I let my buddy ride my machine is the insurance valid?If I have a pasenger on a one up machine is there coverage?Are there any discounts for being a member of a organization?What is the cost?Is there an aniversery date or am I covered for a year from date of purchase?Is there any discount if you have taken an ATV Safety Course?

Check out the cost of full coverage. Most are unaware that when transporting your atv on a trailer or the bed of your truck,there is no ICBC insurance on the atv if there is an accident.Your home insurance does not cover your atv if it is stolen or destroyed in a fire etc.

Your liability insurance is to protect those that you may have an accident with.That is why you should want other operators to also have liability insurance.Lets be safe out there,not sorry.

Good points.
    It is interesting that my Homeowner's Policy, as most all do, excludes any liability arising out of my use of my ATV's but does cover my liability arising out of the use of a non owned ATV.
    Technically speaking, liability insurance does not "protect those that you may have an accident with." It protects you against legal liability to others that might arise from from your use, ownership or operation of your ATV. There is no "protection to others", you have to be found legally liable. You are the one who is "protected."