Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bcwf insurance

Re: bcwf insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Rafiki View Post
    Has anyone been able to clear this up? I joined the BCWF in November so it looks like I only get 1 month of coverage. I'm wondering how many members are uninsured most of the year because they cant print off a valid certificate of insurance. The BCWF response above does not directly address this at all.
    The insurance policy runs from January 1 to Dec. 31 even though your membership was bought in the November. As long as you are a member you are covered. I bought a direct membership in October and signed up for a e-account from the website. Once you sign up you can print off the new insurance policy for this year. This post reminded me of that and I just went and printed off a new certificate for this year. That piece of paper and your membership have you covered till November.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    The insurance policy runs from January 1 to Dec. 31 even though your membership was bought in the November. As long as you are a member you are covered. I bought a direct membership in October and signed up for a e-account from the website. Once you sign up you can print off the new insurance policy for this year. This post reminded me of that and I just went and printed off a new certificate for this year. That piece of paper and your membership have you covered till November.

BHB
    Perfect! Thanks for the info BHB. I will get my e account set up right away.

Mike
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Dont forget that you also get a discount on your house insurance through the Nanaimo HUB insurance branch with your bcwf membership, I saved $200 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Rafiki View Post
    Has anyone been able to clear this up? I joined the BCWF in November so it looks like I only get 1 month of coverage. I'm wondering how many members are uninsured most of the year because they cant print off a valid certificate of insurance. The BCWF response above does not directly address this at all.
    I have sent a email off asking for clarification. I will post the reply.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    I have sent a email off asking for clarification. I will post the reply.

As bighornbob mentioned previously, you just need to sign up to the eCommunity site on BCWF.net. Then you go to Member Benefits > Insurance Coverage then click on "Certificate of Insurance" and print off the certificate for 2014.

It will take the system a couple days to link your eCommunity profile to your BCWF membership before you can access this. I signed up on Saturday and was able to print the certificate this morning.

Thanks again to bighornbob!

Mike
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Thanks for the update and the site link. I forgot to put that info my favourites.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

No you don't only get a month's coverage.. Mikey...you are still a member in the next year and the policy is re-newed to cover the members. The liability insurance is like auto insurance ... it doesn't run out .. you just pay when its due. That isn't saying your membership has to run out and be reinstated at the same time because there is not one day when the members are not covered .. coverage is continuous no mater when it is renewed. the only way it would run out is for the federation to fail to pay for the next year. That is how I see it. I have had lots of liability insurance over the years and it all runs for a year from the time of purchase and they don't allow blank spots where there is even a day of no insurance.
    Last edited by JoeJoe; 02-28-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Be careful with what you think you have for insurance. Go to their website and check it out. It only covers the member and no one else riding the machine, only covers when "hunting and fishing" IN SEASON but does cover you on a FSR. It does not cover you while just out riding for pleasure.

The information from BCWF says that it covers those on a forest service road or non public road while ACTIVELY hunting or fishing. So that leaves out fishing because trolling with a quad is difficult from a forest service road. So if you are on a forest service road you need to be actively hunting to be covered. Going to your hunting spot would not cut it with that wording but who knows what the actual legal jest of it would be. You may get away with saying you are going hunting or fishing as long as you didn't actually need the insurance , that is a officer of the law may let you go without a ticket but would you actually be covered if something happened? I doubt it.
    respect is a credential.

Oh my .. come on JoeJoe all you seem to do on these threads is miss-inform everyone about the BCWF. You are covered as long as you are engaged in a hunting or fishing activity and YES for heavens sake, that includes travel to and from your hunting/fishing spot. Now stop spreading nonsense and "interpreting" because your track record doing so sucks.