Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muck boots for pheasant

Re: Muck boots for pheasant

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    I hate my muck boots, very uncomfortable to walk in. They have no arch support whatsoever.

A good pair of goretex boots does the trick for me. I like my Danners as well as my Irish setters

Good luck!
    x2 on the Mucks, I love my Irish Setter Rut Masters. Even with a bad ankle I find the support great for a pull-on. Don't waste your time with anything else for walking.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I have a set of Underarmour boots and I us them for pheashant hunting , they are great.
    manglinmike

I wore my friends muck boots the other day for waterfowling they are great boats. Even when we go mulie, moose, grouse, etc he uses them. And we tend to put a lot of miles on the boots. He never has a problem other than his feet getting hot, as did mine when i was treking through the swampy field.

I have wore Muck boots for years pheasant hunting and they have worked great.I can walk all day and my feet feel fine. In dry weather I still prefer a all leather boots, but when it's wet I will choose the Muck's. I have looked at a a lot of other brands, but I can not find them in anything but camo pattern. If I could find green Rut Masters I would try them.
    Last edited by ward; 11-30-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Wholesale in Langley has them...$209
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    x2 on the Mucks, I love my Irish Setter Rut Masters. Even with a bad ankle I find the support great for a pull-on. Don't waste your time with anything else for walking.
    I need some Rubbers ! You think or KNOW they ( Irish Setter Rut Masters) are better then the Muck Boots ? I value your answer ! RJ

I love my Arctic Sport Muck boots and wear them even when hiking in sloppy weather - However it depends upon you foot, ankle and lower leg which boot works - try all the boots and see which one you have the most comfort in them walking around the store for 5-10 minutes:
    I have friends who swear by their Irish Setters too...

I got my boots at Duncan Buckerfields for 129 plus tax

best of luck and lets us know how it turns out for you
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

I use mucks on the boat, on the quad and for hiking (often 5km+). Hunting deer, elk, moose, bears, cats, ducks and walking beaches w/ barnacles and oysters. Both hunting and fish guiding. My third pair, and they have lasted for 3 years of heavy use. Great investment for $150.00. This year (with age) my arches have given me some problems, but I went to the "Dr Scholls" stand on gizmo in Superstore which rec. some insoles. I put these in the Mucks, and I'm good to go.

They are not good for serious climbing over rock bluffs, but I have used them anyway. They are high enough, that you can cross most creeks, and with raingear on the quad, water will not splash up your legs. Tie your rainpants around your mucks with flagging, and you can cross rivers. If they get snagged, use some "shoe goo". If your feet overheat, roll the tops down to vent them. Mucks and get a Pete's shoe dryer, because your feet will sweat.

A bit cheaper if you don't get the camo ones. Buy them!! They rock!!

They are reasonably quiet for walking in, dry and warm. For coastal rednecking, they are great.

(P.S. I don't think I have ever endorsed a product before)

If you get a chance, try out a pair of Dunlops purofort boots (not the enormous roughneck boots though). I practically spend 6 months of the year in gummers and have tried many. These, with a cheap insole, are the best thing around. I routinely walk 3+ hours a day in them, no problem. And the soles aren't laminated so they don't have the 3 month failure points most boots have. Marks work wear house sometimes carries a model or two

I second the Under Armour boots. Try the UA boots and Muck boots on at the same time. UA are far superior boots