Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muck boots for pheasant

Muck boots for pheasant

I have been hunting pheasants in the LML and with walking for long periods if time in long we grass with my hiking boots (which are supposed to be waterproof) my feet get soaked. I am thinking of trying some Muck boots has anybody used them or had any luck? I have neoprene chest waders but for long periods of walking they will kill me.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Muck boots for pheasant

I hate my muck boots, very uncomfortable to walk in. They have no arch support whatsoever.

A good pair of goretex boots does the trick for me. I like my Danners as well as my Irish setters

Good luck!

Never worn a pair of Mucks but to me they look insuffient for a jaunt of any length, I also wonder if the neoprene sides would get punctured over time.

Go with a quality pair of boots paired with a set of gaiters.......should be bone dry!

I have some and I snagged them on a stick and they ripped.

Viking orange caulk boots.
    Eat your dessert first.

Don't get me wrong, if they are comfortable for you then great, because they certainly are dry.

Just for me they are very uncomfortable for walking.

But I agree with one shot wonder, good boots and gators are way more comfy in the long run, and dry

Cheers!

i love my Muck boots for the wet crap. Not great in the support dept. for going up and down mountains and sidehilling. they get real sweaty in the early season warm days. but for the wet marshy stuff they are awesome. a $400 set of kenetreks and some gaiters are great, but still dont do ya any good when you're standing still in 12" of water.
    for your intended pupose, I would say that the Mucks are perfect.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

Irish setter rut master is what I wear very comfortable and warm.

You can get Viking boots with normal soles instead of Caulks and these with a pair of Icelandic wool socks is the first way to go:
    Next I would go with my Viberg 3/4: 1/4 Rubber bottoms with a 3/4 leather uppers, felt in soles and the Icelandic socks: coupled with rain pants and gators and you are good to go:
    Third choice are my Arctic Sport muck boots with felt in sole and thick cotton socks: As long as there are no slash your Muck boot will be fine:

I did a ton of walking when I was a working in Silviculture in Logged blocks and all kinds of forests timber cruising:
    Last edited by biggyun68; 11-12-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

I decided to give the muck boots a try found some at Costco in the states for $134. They are the Woody Elite model. Fit very well I will have to see how they work out