Thread: leupold

leupold

Vx1 or Rifleman. Similiar price. Any advantage one or the other?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: leupold

VXI can be upgraded in the custom shop, reticle change etc - Rifleman cannot. Visually they look nicer too on the outside

optics wise I think they're just about the same thing, and price wise the Rifleman is about $30 less?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thank you TB

that good info TB. You know difference btw. VX I and VX II?

VXII has better lenses and better adjustments, clicks vs the friction on the rifleman/VXI, and more reticle options, especially compared to the Rifleman which I believe only comes in Wide Duplex. I like the LR duplex myself

VXII is my personal favorite, in either 2-7x33 or 3-9x40. best bang for the buck, other than the FXIII 6x42
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Here's a handy comparison chart. One thing I noticed is that the Rifleman has 1/2 clicks whilte the VX-1 has 1/4".

http://www.leupold.com/products/Scop...ure_Matrix.htm
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

not "clicks" but the friction dials are more detailed on the VXI