Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Blinds on public land

Re: Blinds on public land

If the man/woman has built it on CROWN LAND he or she has to know that there are no territorial claims! Why is this so complicated? If that person is more deserving then the next one he/she must be thinking very low of fellow Canadians whom understand the difference between Private land and Crown land.! Gee Really?
    If it is abandoned it is mine to use for as long as I wish without interference to my hunt.
    See you down the road

I'm camped at one end of the road, you're camped at the other end.

I set up my tree stand [my personal property] the night before the opener somewhere in the bush.

I come early the next morning to find you already sitting in my stand.

I say "AH-HEM". You say " buzz of bud, public land and I'm here first".

You come back to your tent, later, and I'm sitting, in your tent, in your chair, with my stinky feet on your table. You say "WTF" and I say "public land bud".

You'd just get me a beer????
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

I set up my tree stand [my personal property] the night before the opener somewhere in the bush.

You come back to your tent, later, and I'm sitting, in your tent, in your chair, with my stinky feet on your table. You say "WTF" and I say "public land bud".

Exactly. Maybe take his quad for a spin too.

A few years ago went camping at a small lake. Woke up at 5am to the sound of two people walking through our campsite. I figure thats fine they are just going to check out the water. Then I hear the canoe and paddles being bumped. So I get up and get dressed. Walk down to the lake and theres the two guys out in my canoe fishing with my gear. 5am I am not about to yell out to them and wake up other campers. Went and made myself a coffee then came back to the waters edge and enjoyed my coffee. Took about 10mins for them to notice me and paddle in. They said sorry as soon as they got in. I sternly educated them that they should ask before hand. I would have no issue letting them borrow it if they had waited till we were up and asked permission.
    Last edited by TheProvider; 11-05-2013 at 11:04 PM.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

If was a store bought tree stand etc. I don't touch it.
    But a tree stand built out of 2x4 left up all season on public land yes I would.

Same as a game camera = a no no to touch if not yours...

I assume you are just being facetious, you can't possibly think that a blind has anything in common with a tent, which is considered a residence under the criminal code.

If you do actually think this I suggest you contact the rcmp and get your facts straight

Building such a structure requires building permits and be satisfactory to codes of building for CROWN LAND construction.
    "AH_HEM, Good luck with that! If you get it her legally I will buy you that beer. Meanwhile respect the rights of everyone else. You snooze you lose!
    See you down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Aheny View Post
    I assume you are just being facetious, you can't possibly think that a blind has anything in common with a tent, which is considered a residence under the criminal code.

If you do actually think this I suggest you contact the rcmp and get your facts straight
    First off, I said tree stand as in I go buy a tree stand [now my property] and legally place it in a tree on crown land. So, legally, how far around your tent do you control as your "residence"? Can I sit in your lawn chair if it is 100 meters from your tent? 50 meters? 2? Save me the time and tell me the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Sasquatch View Post
    Building such a structure requires building permits and be satisfactory to codes of building for CROWN LAND construction.
    "AH_HEM, Good luck with that! If you get it her legally I will buy you that beer. Meanwhile respect the rights of everyone else. You snooze you lose!
    I'm talking about a commercially manufactured tree stand that a person buys at a store and then legally places on tree on public land. Why would my tree stand be any different then the bicycle that I find leaning against a tree on public land. If I find it before the owner comes back, I can just use it?

I'm not saying you can save the spot [you can't] but you certainly can claim your property. He can have the tree, but not my tree stand.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

........I'm talking about a commercially manufactured tree stand that a person buys at a store and then legally places on tree on public land. Why would my tree stand be any different then the bicycle that I find leaning against a tree on public land. If I find it before the owner comes back, I can just use it?

I'm not saying you can save the spot [you can't] but you certainly can claim your property. He can have the tree, but not my tree stand.
    Agree. Many years ago, I was hunting a new area, found myself a great little spot and decided to just ground blind it. At the time I wasn't really much in to treestands. I'm sitting there and I spot this tree stand (a store bought stand). My curiosity gets the best of me and I figure I've gotta check this out. I left my bow on the ground and climbed up for a look see. While I'm up there, the guy who put the stand up comes by. I scurry down out of his stand and we talk about it. I explained I was just checking it out. I picked up my bow and moved 10 yards away and sat back in my quick blind. He looked at me and wondered what I was doing. He realized I wasn't leaving. So he moved on. He and I talked about 6 months later at a 3D shoot. It was all good.

Yeah I think if someone was in my treestand I'd ask him/her to get out of it and say that he/she is welcome to hunt anywhere they like but not using my personal equipment. If they refused will either taking my steps out or cutting the tree down might be an option! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Just a related note. If you use someone's blind. Please just clean up all your shells and garbage. My hunting partner and I arrived at the blind in pit marsh only to find empty shells, chips and snack wrapper all over the place.

No problem using our blind, but please pick up after yourself. My hunting partner also left some old decoys behind the blind once and the next time out they were stolen. Not cool. Use it,don't abuse it. Peace.
    Do Good ...and forget about it..