Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinds on public land

Re: Blinds on public land

A little different, but this is along the same lines. On the muskwa we made camp at a site that looked like it was used before. These guys came up and tried pressuring us to leave. We stuck to our rights and informed them it was public land and is first come, first serve. It got a little tense for a while. Anybody have this happen to them before? Can't believe some people think they own the river.

Public land is just that, public. A duck blind is not like a foreign embassy it does not become your soil. So if you decide to build a blind or anything else on public land you should be prepared to share with the public.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Public land is just that, public. A duck blind is not like a foreign embassy it does not become your soil. So if you decide to build a blind or anything else on public land you should be prepared to share with the public.
    Well said.

There is a lot of room on Pitt marsh the problem is you can see all the blinds from the road as well as the dyke, there has allready been complaints from tree huggers that we are even allowed to hunt here , so if every marsh hunter built a permanent blind out there what would happen then?? All those foreign obsticals in a wildlife management area.It's public use the blind if your there first. And as far as the builders running you off public land... That's funny hope they have duck blind insurance!!! Cause if they want to be a douche about it I'm sure some guys will be a douche right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    If i find someone in one of my blinds, better be a quick runner......... Hahaha trespassers....

just search and there's a thread on this from last year a couple pages long.

Legally and morally are two different sides of the coin sometimes.

And kelly i agree. Say a lay down punt is setup where the birds wanna be and only 50 yards from a man made blind. Legally a person can hunt there, morally it's a d*ck move
    Okay, try this one on for size! Using your scenario with the punt, I get out there predawn (like that would ever happen,ha) and set up not knowing that there was a blind 40 yds away. An hour later blind builder shows up, are you saying morally I should move on? K

To build a blind and expect some type of entitlement is impeding on other people hunting privilege. period. Its crown land your land is my land!
    When you leave take your blind with you, problem solve.
    See you down the road

To the reference about treestands. The scenario predominantly being discussed here is different as it pertains to bird hunting and brings with it, a unique set of considerations.

With respect to store bought treestands, another hunter is free to hunt the area, just don't sit in another guys stand. Sit below it, or above, or on the ground. But not in it. Hunt the same ground. It isn't a rule, or a law. It's respect. If the guy who put the treestand in shows up he can choose to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    To the reference about treestands. The scenario predominantly being discussed here is different as it pertains to bird hunting and brings with it, a unique set of considerations.

With respect to store bought treestands, another hunter is free to hunt the area, just don't sit in another guys stand. Sit below it, or above, or on the ground. But not in it. Hunt the same ground. It isn't a rule, or a law. It's respect. If the guy who put the treestand in shows up he can choose to go somewhere else.
    What's the difference between a tree stand and a duck blind?

They both occupy space on crown land, they both afford the hunter an opportunity to shoot game - they both should be removed if the builder / owner doesn't want to share with others........

Sorry JT - I really can't see one being any different to the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post

Respect is, removing your stand or blind from public land when you leave.....otherwise with confrontation, you are interferring with some elses legal hunt. Pack it in, pack it out, and there is NO problem to resolve!! Why is that so hard for some people to understand? Privately owned land is totally different.

I agree with last statement pack in you pack out problem solved. What if squatters built shacks would that be acceptable ? I think not same deal.