Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinds on public land

Blinds on public land

I'm always surprised with some peoples sense of entitlement. I bumped into a couple of guys this weekend who were discussing their blind on Pitt Marsh, and they were of the opinion that even if they show up at noon, they can order people to leave "their" blind.

While I do agree that we should be allowed to leave stuff in the public marsh, rather than having to tear it down every time we are done with it, it doesnt somehow garner "ownership" to the spot, and if someone else beats you to it, you can speak politely to them and maybe they can choose to do you a favor by allowing you to join them, or even leaving the spot altogether, but you dont have any authority over them.

IT IS UNLAWFUL: to interfere with or obstruct a person licensed or permitted to hunt, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.

If you have a blind set up and are worried about someone else using it, you need to physically occupy it, and get in before legal light, just like everyone else does.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Blinds on public land

If go on public land, haul all my gear in well before light, and see a blind not in use.. its fair game for me to use in my opinion.. If someone wants entitlement to a blind, buy a field and build a blind there, or simply don't be lazy and wake up early!! Public land is first come first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    If go on public land, haul all my gear in well before light, and see a blind not in use.. its fair game for me to use in my opinion.. If someone wants entitlement to a blind, buy a field and build a blind there, or simply don't be lazy and wake up early!! Public land is first come first serve.

This is true - you build - you use it - if someone gets there earlier - tough shit, Go and build another one!

You "own" nothing! - the land belongs to everyone - if you can't live by those rules, then by all means pull down your blind and please remove it from the marsh!
    Last edited by Kudu; 11-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

I agree with the previous posters. You can't stake out a claim on public land and the "Early bird gets the blind!" Have a back-up plan if you sleep in.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

Same thing for people leaving treestands up on public land, thinking it will claim a hunting spot...or blocking a road way becuase they are hunting the area.

Here we go again !!!!!!

...you guys must be hurtin for spots..now heres' how it works..if it's a man made built blind then help yourself if no one is in it...if the guy that built it comes along with all his stuff...you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    ...you guys must be hurtin for spots..now heres' how it works..if it's a man made built blind then help yourself if no one is in it...if the guy that built it comes along with all his stuff...you leave.
    That may be how it works in your "little" world, but the reality of it is that the guy that built the blind on public land can damned will wait until is in NOT occupied an THEN use it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    Anyone can say they built it, just sayin...
    I consider "for fun" to be adequate reason enough...

ordo ab chao - virtus junxit mors non separabit

If you want to have huntng rights to a specific property or a blind, you can buy land and post as many no hunting or tresspassing signs as you wish....other than that, pick a number!!!!!!