Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slaying Session with Qwa-honn

Re: Slaying Session with Qwa-honn

I have never even heard of internet scouting. Owell heard of it now. I am just happy that the landowner has agreed to follow the our traditional hunting lands. Hated to go that road but because of low lifes what can we do. Had a decent day out on the river got 12 ducks this morn.

Had to play the traditional hunting ground card hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwa-honn View Post
    I have never even heard of internet scouting. Owell heard of it now. I am just happy that the landowner has agreed to follow the our traditional hunting lands. Hated to go that road but because of low lifes what can we do. Had a decent day out on the river got 12 ducks this morn.
    While I think getting internet scouted is brutal, I am not sure how the traditional hunting lands thing works? Can you explain that to me? I thought you said it wasn't on the reserve|?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    Had to play the traditional hunting ground card hey.

What's the matter troll - pissed that you can't shoot birds on a reserve?

There is an obnoxious little character who lives on a neighbouring parcel of land that calls the cops every time he hears a shotgun go off (not a problem just tedious having cops show up and check everything) sooner or later the "knob-head" will get the place shutdown again, especially if crocks beer swilling mates get loosed on the place.

Why is it suprising that when ass-hats try and barge their way onto private property, by bullshitting everyone that questions them about trespassing - that the land owner would ask his neighbours to manage the hunting rights on his land? (In this case Qwa-honn was the good neighbour, surely he can manage that land anyway he sees fit)

Some people are simply too thick to realize that they don't have God given rights to shoot on private land!!
    Last edited by Kudu; 11-12-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    What's the matter crock - pissed that you can't shoot birds on a reserve?
    No, he's not pissed. There is a widely used adjective on the internet to describe the feeling, Butt-hurt

As for the management part, why shouldn't Qwa-honn manage it? Hes been hunting the field since I was 10 years old, it was in that field that I went hunting for the first time.
    The field is a stones throw away from the Old Scowlitz reserve, where all three of us are registered members and Scowlitz traditional territory stretched from where the reserve is now, part way up Mt Woodside and past Tapidera. So I think our claim to the field is quite legitimate. Plus if the owners agree, not much anyone can do. Basically, whats happening here is we are trying to avoid a potentially disastrous outcome, too many hunters = no more birds *cough* Ladner marsh *cough*

So in short

Last edited by FrendlyFireZero; 11-10-2013 at 10:56 PM.

lol. It is a matter of agreement between the landowner and the local first nations. Some like to work this type of relations some don't. But it usually works well for both parties involved..... you'd have to be a farmer to really understand the benefits i think.

Please elaborate on these benefits Johnny, just curious I guess. We farm but not aware of these benefits?
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwa-honn View Post
    Well after posting the pics which I am proud of the three of us together I don't know if any more pics will come up.
    A couple of days after this some guys showed up in our field and tried to set up without permission. They said they saw the pics on here and tried to talk their way into our field.
    No one else will have permission on this property. The land owners have agreed to follow our traditional use grounds as they border reservation lands and no one can come on without talking to us and as we all know we won't take just anyone on to our hunting grounds.
    Just call the cops, some people need to learn the meaning of private property.
    Nice haul. Looks like a great day to me!
    Don't be surprised if people figure out where you hunt if you post panoramic pics.
    Just crop them to the bare basics.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 11-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Crock allready shoots birds on a "preserve" about 9000 acres last time I checked so do I, we got more than we can handle, you all welcome to the rest ....

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Please elaborate on these benefits Johnny, just curious I guess. We farm but not aware of these benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Crock allready shoots birds on a "preserve" about 9000 acres last time I checked so do I, we got more than we can handle, you all welcome to the rest ....

Seems like everyone belongs to a "club" - some just have better benefits than other!
    Last edited by Kudu; 11-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)