Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaying Session with Qwa-honn

Re: Slaying Session with Qwa-honn

We had two more guys with us. Big Boar and a new guy that we met. I really like the pic of my dad , my son and I.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwa-honn View Post
    We had two more guys with us. Big Boar and a new guy that we met. I really like the pic of my dad , my son and I.
    Those are really cool pics, wish I could have got one with my dad - Josh and I hunting like that - cherish those memories.

I'm pleased that you guys are shooting on Ken and Lynne's place, I always worried about the horses the times Josh and I were there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

they own a small piece in the corner. the rest is owned by three others. I have been going since it was all owned by one farmer. He has been selling parts off here and there. It is not a bad area though. Can't wait to get back and hit it again.

My dad is 75 and loves to come out for birds. He gave it up after he had a triple bypass. about eight years later he came for a trip to Alberta and was hooked again. So I bought him a layout and a benelli super nova and he was/is off to the races. My son is just starting out again. He came out a few times but now that he has a new super vinci I think he will be coming more often.

Unreal day!
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

My dad is 75 and loves to come out for birds. He gave it up after he had a triple bypass. about eight years later he came for a trip to Alberta and was hooked again. So I bought him a layout and a benelli super nova and he was/is off to the races. My son is just starting out again. He came out a few times but now that he has a new super vinci I think he will be coming more often.

That's really cool, my sons hunt with me, Josh the eldest is my hunting partner, he got a 870 for his eighteenth. I really miss my father when out hunting, I'm sure he would have given Josh a couple pointers.

We will be out there over the next couple of weeks, let's keep in contact so that we don't fall over each other's blinds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

Well after posting the pics which I am proud of the three of us together I don't know if any more pics will come up.
    A couple of days after this some guys showed up in our field and tried to set up without permission. They said they saw the pics on here and tried to talk their way into our field.
    No one else will have permission on this property. The land owners have agreed to follow our traditional use grounds as they border reservation lands and no one can come on without talking to us and as we all know we won't take just anyone on to our hunting grounds.

Well after posting the pics which I am proud of the three of us together I don't know if any more pics will come up.
    A couple of days after this some guys showed up in our field and tried to set up without permission. They said they saw the pics on here and tried to talk their way into our field.
    No one else will have permission on this property. The land owners have agreed to follow our traditional use grounds as they border reservation lands and no one can come on without talking to us and as we all know we won't take just anyone on to our hunting grounds.

In case anyone was wondering, it wasn't me or my boys (although I did say that I would be there over there sometime) - however having discussed the situation with everyone, we support this initiative 100% and agree that Qwa-honn manages the property as he sees fit. I still can't believe that some ass-hat would try and shoot on private property without following the correct procedures.
    Last edited by Kudu; 11-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear that Johnny... There is a reason why you never see us post pictures with back grounds in them. All of our pics are the birds on the ground. It sucks because I would love to take some awesome shots of birds decoying. But I never do, because I know I cant share them for people to appreciate. I have some UNREAL video from over the years that I would never in a million years post here. I have been getting internet scouted as long as the internet has been around. But never as bad as till I moved to BC. We learned this a few years ago, where it seemed coincidental that every time we had a good shoot, there were trucks parked scouting our spots, or worse people hunting them. People are LAZY, and internet scouting is way easier then the leg work required to kill ducks consistently.

Lesson learned im sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

That's too bad, as Lorne already pointed out the internet scouting in BC is ridiculous. Can't believe some people lack of ethics, trying to hunt a private piece of property with no permission. Wow just wow

Sorry you guys got burned

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.