Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey in region 8

Turkey in region 8

Hey everyone can anyone recommend a good area in region 8 for spring gobblers?
    Busher

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Turkey in region 8

There actually easyier than you think I saw 4 today and harvested my first one...
    Get a cheap box call and use your boots and ears.

Ps early early morning.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    There actually easyier than you think I saw 4 today and harvested my first one...
    Get a cheap box call and use your boots and ears.

Ps early early morning.
    Congratulations but where is the story & pics ?
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    Congratulations but where is the story & pics ?
    Nothing like a good thread hijack. The OP was asking for info on areas to hunt turkey in Region 8.
    Busher, I haven't hunted turkey but I have heard that the vineyards in the south Okanagan are bothered by them. More so in the fall but turkeys are not that migratory so they should be close by. Look for vineyards with adjacent forested land.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Jagermister,

My words were of encouragement as a couple years ago I only new of the Christina lake and grand forks birds.
    Today I have many spots with birds way closer.
    I have only hunting spring turkeys twice one day last easter and 1 day this there is a luck factor but you can learn quick.

Saw a hen on the west side of Duck Lake last week , one step closer to the line and she would have been road kill .
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Saw a hen on the west side of Duck Lake last week , one step closer to the line and she would have been road kill .
    I heard there was a tom there also. Now we just need MORE to hunt.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Dammit walks with deer, didn't you see the date of the original post of this thread? Hell, Busher hasn't been on site since Nov 13th.
    So, I guess the thread hijack is good to go. My apologies to 300H&H and yourself.
    With that said. Back in the early '70s, F&W tried to introduce turkeys in the Falkland area. Didn't seem to work. Now you fellows are reporting sightings at Duck Lake and even at Westsyde in the Kamloops area. I wonder if they will compete with the Chukkar partridge for habitat?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I saw one near monty lake 3 years ago thats pretty close to falkland. Expan little fellas. I remember when leh firat came out for turkeys years ago I was a kid and I begged my dad to apply.
    Awesome open seasons now.

Jagermeister. I saw how old that was after I replied.
    What can I say I am gobbling and clucking non stop now that I am into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Dammit walks with deer, didn't you see the date of the original post of this thread? Hell, Busher hasn't been on site since Nov 13th.
    So, I guess the thread hijack is good to go. My apologies to 300H&H and yourself.
    Awwww that's the nicest anyone has ever sucked up to me on HBC, thanks you Jagermeister.
    I take back MOST of what I was thinking about you.

Turkeys were around here (Okanagan/Tulameen/Kootanies) back in the early 1900's. I worked with a guy whose grandfather hunted them back then.
    I can only guess that predation or over hunting lead to them "vanishing" from BC.
    These tough birds have made a come back in the last 15 years, migrating up from Washington State.
    reports have come from as far north as 100 Mile House and west towards Vancouver (again the turkeys came up from Washington).
    I believe our hunting opportunities will get better as the flocks expand and become more established in other parts of our province.