Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Houston toll bridge

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Re: Houston toll bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    Maybe explain what you're talking about. Who, where, when, how much, which Indians? Source of info?
    X2

no idea what this thread is about

Can't stand this NATIVE garbage any more. Fact-Their ancestors were immigrants also. My Family has been here before there was such a thing as Metis. Where my status benefits and rights?

The blockade has been up for months, west of Houston towards Morice Lake. The Indians are local but funded by foreign anti-use groups and trust funds to oppose any and all development in the area. It is illegal but the law does nada.

Extortion is OK, just depends who you are.

They, (the FN group) probably did it themselves. Weren't getting any exposure of late, couldn't find any real explosives and who else would use surveyors tape to bind the bottles, surveyors? Pathetic, just f@$%#^g pathetic!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Anybody thought about blockading the town side of the bridge and charge them double to come to town? Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkf View Post
    I need clarification please. They are on public (crown) land/road/bridge or their land/road/bridge? If it's public, that's against the law. Citizens cannot block a road and charge a toll for any reason. If it's their land, then I don't know what the law states. Please help me understand this!?!?
    A group of natives is illegaly collecting a toll on public land, and nobody in a position of authority is willing to challenge them.

Hope that cleared it up

Nobody is going to be done about it, if all you do is bitch and don't report it to the RCMP in person and provide statements, photos etc. (Evidence).
    Ya they are to closely tied to gov't and it will move at a snails pace. But extorting money from people to access Crown land is something they can deal with without getting court injuctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aheny View Post
    A group of natives is illegaly collecting a toll on public land, and nobody in a position of authority is willing to challenge them.

Hope that cleared it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Say, wouldn't that amount to extortion? I think the RCMP should send in their fraud squad and investigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by 40incher View Post
    The blockade has been up for months, west of Houston towards Morice Lake. The Indians are local but funded by foreign anti-use groups and trust funds to oppose any and all development in the area. It is illegal but the law does nada.

Extortion is OK, just depends who you are.

Why are the RCMP not doing something about this extortion?

Oh! Wait - I know why - the are too busy enjoying their careers and the good life (sheep hunting comes to mind) to do something as important as this.......
    Last edited by Kudu; 10-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Hmm, are they trying to charge anyone and everyone? Or just people working up there? Heading to morice next week, not sure how it will go when I get there if they try charging me. If its an ileagle blockade, and I fall asleep at the wheel, do 2 wrongs make a right?