Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your white tail!!!

Get your white tail!!!

Ok here we go,,,there been lots of people not knowing where to go,,and alot of people not even believing that we even have white tail in the kamloops area,,,,so here is quite a few areas that hold wt,,,and yes they are still there and and early as yesterday morning,,,plus areas where I harvested my wt and have harvested my wt every year in the past,,,,,
    ADAMS LK---take the agate bay road,,,you will see them feeding in the fields at first light,,,alot of times they will be mixed with the mule deer,,,so u have to test your identifying skills,,,,you will spot more the closer to Adams lake you get,,,,,at first light
    ADAMS LK forestry rd---you need to get on top of the hill sides and scope the area,,,lots of deer trails
    CHASE---Loakin bear creek rd,,,,,one of my top 5 places for the wt,,,,you need to get up on the powerlines above niskonolith lk and skmana lk,,,,,,,,,,,Squilax anglemont rd,,,,you will see them feeding in fields,,,get up in mountains up to the left of the road,,,,,,,,,Chase-Falkland rd--there is some good pockets of wt up around pillar lk
    WESTWOLD---Pinaus lk forestry rd,,,,,you really have to glass the DOWN slopes,,,u will be catching them as they are moving behind the scenes from feeding to bedding------Douglas lk rd,,,right from Westwold all through to the old Merritt hwy,,,,this some fun hunting,,,hunt the draws in the open fields,,and hope you are a good shot at running deer,,woot woot,,,a real blast lol
    ENDERBY---take the enderby-Mabel lk road,,,,about half way up,,,there is some good mountains to hunt,,,nice view also overlooking the Shuswap river
    And for those that might go north bound some awesome places are Vanderhoof,,Engen,fort Fraser and Fraser lk,,,,,,,Fort St. John,,,,south and southwest,,,tonssss of wt up there,,,,well there ya all go,,now up to you to pick your spot,,,,and be patient,,,the only thing I can't do for ya is pull the trigger,,,good luck to ya all,,,and if any questions shoot me a message,,good luck,,and happy trails

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Get your white tail!!!

B-rad thank you dad, real good no need to touch wood.
    Information highways thru the flyways
    Very well done
    Should be fun
    Thanks a lot
    Gotta trot
    -- Whitetails around the southern interior and not inferior ..
    Jelly B.

upper Louis creek road and the todd mnt road in the farmers fields there are lots.,,I counted over two dozen out one evening from about 5 kms before whitecroft to barrier driving at speed....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

My, my, your gona make somesome people mad, giving it all up. Thanks for the 411 tho.

all my secret spots thanks...lol

Coldscauar flats off of Rd 2 and Rd 6 in TFL18 Clearwater. Homestead/Otter FSRs Vavenby. North Blue River FSR and Mud/Red Sands FSR Blue River. Tum Tum FSR. Adams West FSR. Rd 40 Adams. Molmich/Tracy/Spillman FSRs Adams.
    Last edited by dana; 10-19-2013 at 02:32 PM.

roche lake area

I will post more areas when I figure out the name of some of the roads,,,,but I do have to say that in my experience hunting whitetail is quite different than mulies,,,,for instance,,,,mulies will somewhat migrate down into valley bottoms,,gorges and what have you,,,so if you find mule deer activity,,,they will at some point move location to an area for rutting,,,,,where as if you find a local for whitetail,,,,,chances are ( kamloops areas milder winter)the whitetail will stay in the general area throughout the year,,,,so if u see ANY whitetail,,,do what u have too,to remember the area,,,,put a pin in a map,,,,,,pin it on gps,,,anything,,,,and the more areas you scout,,,,,the more areas you are going to find,,,,and the more you find,,,,the more your chances go waaaaaaay up,,,,,and on another note,,,,,whitetail looooove the thick brush,,,usually dense willows and such,,,,so find an area with wt,,,and find a small clearing or break in the brush with signs,,,,and just sit and wait and hope the boredom doesn't kill ya,,,patients will pay off,,,and you might even tag out on your first attempt

Yup,,Roche lake area becoming quite good last few years,,,,lots of whitetail filtering into that area from the Douglas lake plateaus

You guys looking for white-tails need to focus on the right habitats. Look in the thick stuff near moose habitat such as swamps and meadows or in mule deer winter range such as ridges above farmers fields. You can successfully stillhunt white-tails, just need to go even slower and be sharper. I like to stillhunt any time of day until I find fresh sign, like scrapes, rubs and beds, and then set up to rattle with a bit of cover. When rattling, pound the ground several times with the base of your rattling antlers before you start your rattling sequence, so that it sounds like hooves pounding the ground, and grind the antlers together with a fair amount of force, instead of smashing them. If your after a doe, just go for a drive in good habitat at first and last light. I'm not going to tell you about any specific spot since one of the best parts of hunting is finding a honey hole on your own. Get out of the truck to see what kind of story the bush will reveal. Good luck.