Thread: Looking for my First Bow

Looking for my First Bow

So after doing a little research i realized that there are a lot of differences between bows. So I figured i would ask the wealth of knowledge on here.
    I'm looking for my first bow, I am going to go get measured at a shop tomorrow. I will probably be looking for a used bow to get something of better quality and not having to by the stabilizer, sights, etc etc, as well as keep cost down.
    Now are there any brands you would suggest, or stay away from?
    What materials seem to be better, i see there is composites, aluminum etc?
    I'm just looking to compile a bunch of information, to help me make a quality decision while purchasing a bow. So any info that you can suggest is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Moe.JKU; 10-17-2013 at 04:33 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for my First Bow

Welcome to the addicting world of archery. There is a lot of brand loyalty in the bow world, but the truth is most brands on the market make a good product. I wouldn't get hung up on brand too much. With used gear I would look for the newest you can afford there has been a lot of changes in the last ten years. There is also some pretty affordable packages available new that you should look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe.JKU View Post
    So after doing a little research i realized that there are a lot of differences between bows. So I figured i would ask the wealth of knowledge on here.
    I'm looking for my first bow, I am going to go get measured at a shop tomorrow. I will probably be looking for a used boy to get something of better quality and not having to by the stabilizer, sights, etc etc, as well as keep cost down.
    Now are there any brands you would suggest, or stay away from?
    What materials seem to be better, i see there is composites, aluminum etc?
    I'm just looking to compile a bunch of information, to help me make a quality decision while purchasing a bow. So any info that you can suggest is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

haha, oh man i am never going to speed type something out fast. I had to try an type the whole thing out at work, when i'm not supposed to be on the computer.