Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 pse bows are out

2014 pse bows are out

The full throttle goes 370fps

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2014 pse bows are out

I seen a couple reports on AT on them, they sound like they have no valley at all this year. Intetesting for a hunting rig?

Gonna be brutal hunting rigs. You dont get to draw and just let one fly have fun holding it at full draw while your knees are knocking when that trophy is right there just waiting on the shot. One flinch and that things taking off. I had a PSE DNA it was a nice bow but you blink and that things taking off.

Apparently it has only 5 1/4" brace height
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

With that kind of speed, you'll have missed him before even knows your there!!!!

Doesn't sound like a hunting bow, to me.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

ahhh the greed for speed. Comfort is #1 in any bow. PSE has simply lost the plot....
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

short brace .... shaved cams .... = nothing but problems

I would like to shoot one to say that I have ....

I will Stick to the Elites ... Energy 32/35 is where its at ... Gonna get my wife a Spirit tho
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Im a way bigger fan of shootability over speed. Lots of wicked hunting bows still have a 330 ibo and draw, hold, and shoot like an absolute dream. I will stick with my Mathews. Id like to try the new pse's first hand just for kicks but wont be giving up my biw anytime soon. If anything id be adding an Elite to my arsenal.

pics or it didn't happen.

I don't get it when people start salivating over the latest bows with faster speeds.
    it's like guys trying to tweak their loads to get the absolute max speed.
    accuracy is going to trump speed every time.
    if you already make tight groups out to a decent range, there's no need to change anything.
    same as a bow.
    with enough practice, pretty much anyone can get tight on the bullseye at all distances.
    the latest, greatest, fastest bows aren't going to make someone shoot better.
    making the new models whisper quiet would be far more desirable in my books.

but like anything, we fall for the advertising we see.
    we just have to have that 2014 truck, then a few months later, we need that 1015 model.
    the new Ferrari is 3 mph faster than last year's model, gotta have it.
    but, if people didn't play these games, then the companies wouldn't be able to play theirs.

it's like magazines.
    I used to be a fanatic, I had to buy the latest issue, didn't matter one bit what was in it.
    especially when this time of the year was rolling around, I couldn't wait for the deer-season issues.
    they'd give the "hot" days, the "hot" times, when to start rattling, calling, how to pattern them, etc, etc, etc.
    then one season, I was looking at my very tall stack of mags, and started going through them, deciding it might be time to thin it out.
    well, what do you know, all they do is regurgitate the same damn issues every year.
    I haven't bought one new "the rut is here" issue since.
    I already have several containing the same damn articles.
    I guess they don't count on people saving the mags.
    and usually you'll see that in their product reviews, the one that they choose to be the best, just happens to have multiple ads throughout their mag as well.
    and don't get me started on the price of the mags.
    WTF?? how is it that when the American dollar is ten or fifteen cents below ours, we are still paying $6.95 or $7.95 Canadian, yet it shows $4.95 American?
    that's the biggest scam going.

but yeah, those new PSE bows are sweet though.

The advantage with speed is a flatter shooting bow. Less flight time means less time for wind to affect it or game to move in that split second.

Same pin to 40+ yards has its advantage for sure.

I have to agree that there are far more desirable things than speed in a hunting bow.