Thread: River Otters

River Otters

Last edited by hunter1947; 01-28-2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: wrong title

2. Site Sponsor

Re: osspray

Nice video of River Otters. They seem to being doing quite well. See them regularly when fishing. Apparently even sea otters are making a comeback and some have been spotted up off the NW coast of V.I.. Who knows, maybe one day Sooke.

Don't see too many Osprey around here. I have seen them down at Esquimalt Lagoon and there was an artificial nest built for them around Thetis Lake.

You guys are funning with me aren't you?
    Last edited by steel_ram; 01-28-2007 at 07:27 PM.

I picked up an otter on the Abby mission hwy about three years back in the winter time, it must of weighed thirty pounds. it was big. it was hit by a car. seen them up the Harrison river. they are fun to watch.

I fish the Skagit/Ross Lake in the summer, those knotheads will follow you in your boat/bellyboat 'till you hook a fish. The only way I've found to get rid of them is to "fake it" that is, shake your rod like you've got one. They'll come swimming right at you and then circle under you looking for their free lunch.
    I do this half a dozen times or so, and they get sick of playing along and look elsewhere, this also works for Loons in on the interior lakes. Tight lines.
    Last edited by kishman; 01-28-2007 at 04:16 PM.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Re: River Otters

Great shooting Wayne!!!

Cute little guys! Nice camera work. My kids enjoyed watching that too.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

Quote Originally Posted by kishman
    I fish the Skagit/Ross Lake in the summer, those knotheads will follow you in your boat/bellyboat 'till you hook a fish. The only way I've found to get rid of them is to "fake it" that is, shake your rod like you've got one. They'll come swimming right at you and then circle under you looking for their free lunch.
    I do this half a dozen times or so, and they get sick of playing along and look elsewhere, this also works for Loons in on the interior lakes. Tight lines.
    INtersting. I am going to try that on the harbour seals of Victoria waterfront. Lost 4 salmon last weekend to the buggers. Followed me all day like a floating fish and chip shop.

Thanks for sharing! There are river otters in alot of the local alpine lake networks. Don't try sinking your food in a dry bag around here
    Even if I don't have anything polite, intelligent, or even remotly on topic to say .. I try to post anyways