Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Hoyts

2014 Hoyts

I am in Love with the Carbon Spyder Turbo ...

Ok not really because I am not a fan of Carbon risers yet

But I want to shoot one

http://www.hoyt.com/customer_service...yt_catalog.php
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2014 Hoyts

Just curious why you do not like carbon risers?
    Have gas will travel

Quote Originally Posted by tundra View Post
    Just curious why you do not like carbon risers?

Like many on this site ... I remember and am stuck in the 90s haha ...

I personally dont see them and their longitivity ... Hoyt is the innovator of the modern day Carbon riser ... and really its only 4 years ago ... there is a reason why the companies that did Carbon risers in the 90s didnt carry them for long, PSE, Diamond and High Country all were top shelf companies of the time , PSE still is, Diamond was bought by Bowtech in the early 00s and is still a major player, high country is not considered a high end company anymore because they dont employ the marketing stragegy of "the big guys" but is still great quality.

That said, Bowtech has released the Carbon Knight, and its nothing more than a Carbon copy of the 90s Diamond design(pun intended) with elements of the mid 00s Knight riser design.

Hoyts Element and Matrix designs while great bows, seen alot of them at National and world 3d stage, they were not winning, and there is a reason for that, There are far better designs to hit dimes at 50 yards with.

I am really curious about UV protection now in the modern carbons. as that was a big downfall in the old ones.

Like I said tho .. I would love to take a Carbon Spyder for a spin, the Spyder series were a a remake of the Vector series which I think were the best series Hoyts put out for the general masses in a long time.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

yeah, but when you get up to that elite level of competition, there's a point where the small difference becomes the shooter and not the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by duallie View Post
    yeah, but when you get up to that elite level of competition, there's a point where the small difference becomes the shooter and not the bow.
    so what you are saying is the winners wouldve won with any bow?

you are probally correct ... but as the Flagship bow why were these shooters choosing not to shoot them and instead going with a totally differant design and material?
    A true Archery Nut

holy crap...... now thats some nice looking bows. ..... i havent really liked hoyts for a few years and thats why i walked away from them..... i may be going home..... lol
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

Heard pricing yet Mikey? I have only heard rumours of $1500+

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    Heard pricing yet Mikey? I have only heard rumours of $1500+
    No ... but the 3rd gen (year) of Hoyts carbons were just over a grand ... alot lower than the Carbons were when they first came out at just over 1500...

Quote Originally Posted by jessbennett View Post
    holy crap...... now thats some nice looking bows. ..... i havent really liked hoyts for a few years and thats why i walked away from them..... i may be going home..... lol
    Ya ... I am thinking the same thing
    A true Archery Nut

Does anyone know who sells Hoyt bows in Prince George??
    Here's ............Johnny

T&F country sports out on Buckhorn lake road ... Ted
    A true Archery Nut