PDA

View Full Version : Next Shoot on Vanc. Is.

Bow Walker
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Feb 11 at Vic Bowmen - in Victoria, of course. This one is outdoors so bring your all-weather gear. You never know what to expect this winter.

I'l be donating "Breakfast-for-Two" at the Urban Cup Cafe:lol: ...........well the food is good anyway:cry: and there's lots of it!

bochunk2000
01-22-2007, 05:41 PM
I hope you do well out there Dan. I will be working weekends in Feb but I got my new bow today and I''l have it at the next shoot I go to.
Steve.

Bow Walker
01-22-2007, 06:56 PM
I hope you do well out there Dan. I will be working weekends in Feb but I got my new bow today and I''l have it at the next shoot I go to.
Steve.
Starta thread and post some pics Steve. I/we wouldn't mind seeing your new baby.

The Hermit
01-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah what did you get? There are a bunch of us that recently got new archery stuff. We should all get together for a BowWalker lesson out at the range... or at my home based range. I'll cook up some venison sausage, brew some coffee, and light a fire!

Bow Walker
01-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah what did you get? There are a bunch of us that recently got new archery stuff. We should all get together for a BowWalker lesson out at the range... or at my home based range. I'll cook up some venison sausage, brew some coffee, and light a fire!
Sounds like a party - Steve is something of an accomplished archer already. He could give us lessons about taking deer with a bow.

The Hermit
01-22-2007, 11:44 PM
excellent. Who else is interested?

Franko Manini
01-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I'd be in. I'd prefer to go to the VIcBowmen range where we can shoot some distance.

The Hermit
01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I'd be in. I'd prefer to go to the VIcBowmen range where we can shoot some distance.

You could use the practice at 20yards first buddy! :razz:

Franko Manini
01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
You could use the practice at 20yards first buddy! :razz:

Listen to Mr "I've owned a bow for 2 weeks"! This is sounding like a challenge to me...

Perhaps we should get the bows sighted in and hit the field course at VicBomen for a friendly test of skill? I'd even put down a friendly wager... say a C note?

hutch
01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
i would like to go to this maybe as a spectator for now. have been practicing at 10 yards every second night in my shop. is there anywhere too go for evening shooting? probably indoors . then i would try shooting at one of these events

Bow Walker
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
i would like to go to this maybe as a spectator for now. have been practicing at 10 yards every second night in my shop. is there anywhere too go for evening shooting? probably indoors . then i would try shooting at one of these events
hutch - check out the club website and have a look at the map to the Stubbs school, where evening shooting goes on.:smile:
http://www.victoriabowmen.com/

The Hermit
01-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Listen to Mr "I've owned a bow for 2 weeks"! This is sounding like a challenge to me...

Perhaps we should get the bows sighted in and hit the field course at VicBomen for a friendly test of skill? I'd even put down a friendly wager... say a C note?

Well I don't have your money buddy but would like some of it! How come I'm feeling hustled?

The Hermit
01-24-2007, 09:37 AM

Well I don't have your money buddy but would like some of it! How come I'm feeling hustled?

Bow Walker
01-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Anyone interested in shooting Saturday (Jan 27) at the Vic Bowmen Club?? It'lL be B.Y.O.B AND B.Y.O.L.

That's Bring Your Own Bow and Bring Your Own Lunch. Or go to Timmy's

BowSitter
01-24-2007, 07:14 PM
I would be interested in a little shoot on sat.....Ron

hutch
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
i would be interested if your invite is open to anyone can i pay for a day or do i have to join right away

Bow Walker
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
If we were to meet at Timmy's you could most likely go in as a guest to check things out, prior to joining.

Maybe everyone meet 'n greet at around 10 a.m.??

hutch
01-24-2007, 08:30 PM
im definetly interested

The Hermit
01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Darn... I am playing golf in the morning.

Bow Walker
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Darn... I am playing golf in the morning.
Don't forget you "galloshes":lol:

bochunk2000
01-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I wish I wasn't working all day. I'd love to come.
Steve.

Franko Manini
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I wish I wasn't working all day. I'd love to come.
Steve.

Steve where do you work? PM me if you want it top secret...

Franko Manini
01-25-2007, 04:13 PM
If we were to meet at Timmy's you could most likely go in as a guest to check things out, prior to joining.

Maybe everyone meet 'n greet at around 10 a.m.??

Soonest I could be there would be noon. And no, I'm not golfing with Hermit. I'm child rearing.

The Hermit
01-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Okay I'm in... bailed on the golf in favor of showing Franko how to shoot his new bow. Franko can't make it till noon... is that the time or ???

BowSitter
01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Noon is good for me! How about you bro?

Bow Walker
01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Noon works for this lazy ash as well.....
T. Ho's?

hutch
01-25-2007, 07:02 PM
is there someone that can get me in as a guest? and can i shoot while im there?

BowSitter
01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Hutch, If we meet at the Tim Horton's right by the club Dan will get us in and yes you can shoot all you like. Noon at Tim's then!:lol:

hutch
01-25-2007, 09:47 PM
see you there

The Hermit
01-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Excellent! See you all there... don't forget yer hats boys!

Bow Walker
01-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Excellent! See you all there... don't forget yer hats boys!
And your rubber boots - it's wet out there.

Bill, don't forget that c note.............

The Hermit
01-26-2007, 08:53 AM
And your rubber boots - it's wet out there.

Bill, don't forget that c note.............

Just who are you rooting for Dan??? I think ol Franko would have to spot me a bunch of points. Afterall he is a pro and I've only owned a bow for a couple weeks!! 8)

Franko Manini
01-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Well, if I thought I wouldn't get banned, I'd paint the screen with nasty words.

I just got off a conference call with some VPs at work. Looks like I'll be working tomorrow. I'll be looking after my boys until around 11:00am and then I'll be putting in a full day at the office. Crap in a hat.

Sorry boys, I'm now booked until Sunday. If anyone can get out on Sunday, I'd be in. Have a great shoot guys.

The Hermit
01-26-2007, 08:48 PM
One C note to Hermit for the default!!

Bow Walker
01-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Well, if I thought I wouldn't get banned, I'd paint the screen with nasty words.

I just got off a conference call with some VPs at work. Looks like I'll be working tomorrow. I'll be looking after my boys until around 11:00am and then I'll be putting in a full day at the office. Crap in a hat.

Sorry boys, I'm now booked until Sunday. If anyone can get out on Sunday, I'd be in. Have a great shoot guys.

Begs the question.........Where do you work?

Franko Manini
01-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Begs the question.........Where do you work?

I work for a big information technology company locally. It's a global company, with 16,000 employees in Cnaada alone. I am working on a big poroject right now, that closes on Tuesday. It involves several business units across Canada, and I'm the coordinator. So right now, I am working in timezones that inclued PEI, Nova Scotia, Alberta, and BC. And I havve 4 senior VPs breathing down my neck.

They say "stress comes from being responsible for stuff you can't control". Of course that's only true when you give a SH!T.

Anyways, how did it go out there? Did you shoot the field course? How may arrows did Hermit lose?

Bow Walker
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Here's the link to the thread about today's shooting....too bad about the work:mad:
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10010

They say "stress comes from being responsible for stuff you can't control".

I've heard the stress is what happens from the inability to choke the livin' snot out of somebody who richly deserves it.:lol:

Or
It is when you're up to your ass in alligators and you suddenly remember that the original task was to drain the swamp.