PDA

View Full Version : New Tent

Beaverhunter
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I am looking at buying this tent and the reviews look good what do you guys think.http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=catrtcamp&rid=&indexId=cat550002&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat550002&id=0005884

Stone Sheep Steve
01-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Looks a weeeeeee bit heavy for a backpack tent:roll: .

SSS

Amphibious
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.deluxewalltents.com/

why not take a look at one of the site sponsors?

270WIN
01-26-2007, 03:08 PM
I am thinking tring these guys

http://www.springbar.com/wall_tents/index.html

seem desent prices and i talked to them via email quike responces

1/2 slam
02-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Beaver....Just got mine. looking forward to using it in base camp.

30-06
02-04-2007, 09:05 AM
that thing looks sweet.it's the outfitter edition is it not? its huge you could have a good party in there

bogie
03-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Or check out Tipitent.com. We bought the Outfitter and have been through HEAVY rain and HEAVY wind with no problems at all . Made in Heffley Creek just north of Kamloops. 30lbs. Huge room for 3 big guys and their large cots and a stove and lotsa gear. Goes up in about 10 minutes too. Has 1 pole right in the middle unlike traditional teepees. Nothing else like it on the market.

BearSniper
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Looks good,

I like the nice tall entrance:)

Hey man, I've slept in 5 star hotels, cruise ships, the back of pick up trucks, on the ground under the stars, in an empty boxcar, and in lots of tents in between. If a guy isn't happy in one of those out in the bush, then he shouldn't call himself a hunter:evil:

Buy it, its a fine looking tent.

Hunterguy
03-17-2007, 10:21 PM
The tent looks great but you have to look closely at the fabric, we all know that some of the gear we wear hunting says completely waterproof etc. but!!!! i have a wall tent 14 by 16 that I have had for 28 years and it is still in great shape. The secret is to look after it when you get home, hang it and let it dry before you sweep and fold it away til next season. My tent was from Jones Tent and Awning and the material is duck canvass with a fire ******ent. I use 2and half inch muffler pipe, four ft. sections for the ridge pole and cross members and re-rod for the walls, four ft. high. Works great and withstands huge winds. Some of the tents with a price of 1000.00 purchase and then another 1000 for the inside frame, yeah right way to expensive in my mind. Cost yes they are pricey, but consider how much you would pay for a camper and with a camper you will never dry your clothes out, wood stove, wall tent HEAVEN!!! What I'm trying to say is that don't go cheap on the canvas, look after it and your investment will last you a long time, oh the smell of a wood stove and damp canvas, I can't stand it lets get in the bush.

Beaverhunter
03-18-2007, 04:07 PM
The tent looks great but you have to look closely at the fabric, we all know that some of the gear we wear hunting says completely waterproof etc. but!!!! i have a wall tent 14 by 16 that I have had for 28 years and it is still in great shape. The secret is to look after it when you get home, hang it and let it dry before you sweep and fold it away til next season. My tent was from Jones Tent and Awning and the material is duck canvass with a fire ******ent. I use 2and half inch muffler pipe, four ft. sections for the ridge pole and cross members and re-rod for the walls, four ft. high. Works great and withstands huge winds. Some of the tents with a price of 1000.00 purchase and then another 1000 for the inside frame, yeah right way to expensive in my mind. Cost yes they are pricey, but consider how much you would pay for a camper and with a camper you will never dry your clothes out, wood stove, wall tent HEAVEN!!! What I'm trying to say is that don't go cheap on the canvas, look after it and your investment will last you a long time, oh the smell of a wood stove and damp canvas, I can't stand it lets get in the bush.

Used it a couple of weekend ago it rained for 2 days straight and it was dry as a bone and when i got home it only took a day to dry out.