PDA

View Full Version : getting started

mapguy
01-19-2007, 08:27 AM
there's so much more to hunting than just shooting an animal . You have to ask why are you out there if it's just to kill something why waste your time.
I have hiked all over , driven over slides through 2 ft of snow along 500 ft drops and into lakes that a goat would find difficult .I have found old trapper cabins half burried in the dirt .I've walked along rivers only to find fresh 10 in
grizz tracks going the same way .I've seen cougar cubs trying to climb the bank only to fall back down .Bears have charged me had a cougar make two jumps as it sail past me 10 ft off the ground .I have even been lucky enough to see an albino bear .Almost broke my leg once . My wife and a bud hunt with me often and hardly ever shoot something by choice .But thats cool .
Started hunting when i was five and hope to be out there when i'm 95 . We
live in a beautifull province and and we speacial people get to see it all .

Mr. Dean
01-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I'd like to add something here but your post leaves me speachless.
Good words!

I quit hiking at 39 and took up hunting. I hope to be able to still enjoy it when I'm 99.

I should quit smoking...

Onesock
01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Here here, great post.

Rod
01-19-2007, 12:27 PM
You kinda summed up what alot of people love about hunting... Harvesting game is only a tiny chunk of the pie, there is just soooo much more to it!

Chuck
01-19-2007, 12:57 PM
I couldn't agree more! Hunting is just a good excuse to get out there and experience what we have all around us. To build an appreciation, understanding and in fact a love for nature fills a desperate need in all of us. I think it's just the nature of the beast. Smoking indeed is a terrible thing and surely shortens and limits our ability to carry on in our life this way. Amen! - Socrates.